2

I remember how my siblings always shook in fear of my father.

I remember wanting to be strong. Not wanting to be weak.

I remember the seething anger that flooded my every being when I heard my father yelling at my siblings.

"Use it! If you do you'll be a great hero. If your just hawing your mothers useless quirk, then how are you going to even going to defeat any small time villains?" My father yelled.

My youngest brother sat on the floor vomit was splattered on the floor not to far away and he was sweating and crying.

"What the hell!" I yelled.

Even though I was only twelve, I felt an overwhelming sense of anger. Pure anger.

"Get away from him!" I shouted to my dad.

"Yukino. Get out, I have no need for you!" He snapped.

I ran over to stand in-front of my brother.

"Nee-chan! It's okay." He sobbed. "Please leave me alone! Please!"

I ignored him and faced my father. Even though he towers over me I glared at him.

"How dare you call yourself a hero? Your the worst possible person I've ever known!" I shouted. "Pushing your six year old son to do this is sick! Absolutely sick!"

"Get out of my way!" He shouted.

He lashed out and his open palm hit my cheek and I fell of the ground. Shoto cried out when he saw this and started crying.

"Stop this Shoto! A hero doesn't show weakness." He said, getting ready for another blow.

However I lashed my hand out and a block of ice formed on his left leg in to his knee freezing him to the ground. He turned his eyes to me, and his eyes were flaming with the blue fire that I saw every time I looked in the mirror at my reflection. Our same blue fire eyes.

"How dare you use your quirk on me?" He bellowed.

"How dare you beat your children!" I yelled back.

He lit his leg on fire, melting my ice. He turned to me now and started stomping to me, I swallowed back my fear, and glared at him.

"First you interrupted me training Shoto. Now you use your quirk on me?" He seethed. "You're in so much trouble Yukino."

"What are you going to do, huh? Kill me? You already have one dead child and a wife in the hospital. Do you wanna have another dent in your family." I retorted.

He flinched at the sound of his dead son. Who only passed a few weeks ago. I was the one who found the raging blue fire. I was the one who put it out with my snow and ice.

Now I'm paying.

My father grabbed my arm and threw me against the wall. "Don't speak his name! You're not worthy!"

Shoto yelled in fear for me. "Dad! Stop please! She didn't mean it! I'm sorry! I'll train, leave her alone!"

I coughed and tried to get the air back in my lungs. Tears of pain filled my eyes.

"And you are?" I said. My voice was wobbly and cracking but I still tried to stand strong.

That was my fathers last straw. He raised his fist once more and punched me across the face. I yelled in pain and scrambled away blood flowing from my nose and a busted lip. My cheek burning in pain.

He picked me up by my arm and dragged me out of the room, past the sobbing Shoto and Natsuo and Fuyumi clinging to each other outside the door with tears falling in fear.

"You are to stay in your room until midday tomorrow. If I hear you get out, you'll be punished even more." He growled as he threw me in my room.

He slammed the door shut and I started to sob in pain.

I quickly held my hand up to my face and snow started to melt on my hot swollen face, leaving me with some pleasure.

"I didn't hear Shoto crying anymore, so he must have been to angry to keep training him. I smiled in satisfaction, I did it.

I laid there for god knows how long, my hand putting snow against my tender face, and the tears fell out of my right eye, my left was swollen half shut.

I shot up when the door creaked open. Natsou's head popped out from behind the door. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"What are you doing? Dad would get you in so much trouble!" I shouted to him.

"It's okay! Everyone asleep and I stole the key from the maid." He said coming in the shutting the door behind him.

He walked up the me and sat in-front of me, his eyes scanning my face.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"What for?" I asked.

"Me and Fuyumi were outside the door the whole time. We didn't do anything." He whispered. "I was too afraid that I couldn't move a muscle, I could only cling to Fuyumi."

"That's okay. It barley even hurts now." I lied.

He looked away and sighed. "Did you mean about what you said? About Touya?"

I sighed. I knew that Natsuo and Touya were close. Natsuo looked up to him like he was a hero, anything that Touya did, Natsuo wanted to do. "No. I just wanted to take Dads mind off of Shoto."

He sat silent and dug something out of him pocket, "here. It's medicine that will make it hurt less."

I smiled, "Thanks. Are you a doctor now?" I said jokingly.

"Nah. But I did read this one thing and I thought all this medicine was cool. And I have some of them even memorized!" He said proudly.

"That's amazing!" I laughed.

He smiled and leaned his head against my shoulder, "I wish you weren't so reckless with dad. It gets really scary for everyone when you two fight."

"I know bud." I said sadly.

"Shoto wouldn't stop crying and dad started yelling at Fuyumi. I got really scared." He muttered softly, a tear falling from his eye.

"Don't cry." I said.

"How am I not supposed to! You scare me Nee-Chan! You're always yelling at dad even if you get hit. And then I hear Shoto's sobs of pain and Fuyumi trembling when Dad even looks at her. I get so scared that maybe he might really hurt you one day! And then you'll die like Touya!" He cried.

I wrapped my arms around him and squeezed his cheeks between my hands. "There's one thing I promise Natsuo. I will protect you guys. I promise I won't be afraid, I'll protect you! So believe me. Please."