7

I remember the last conversation with my older brother like it was yesterday.

I dream about it almost every night and think about it almost every week.

We were in his room. I was brooding beside him as he wrapped bandages over his right forearm, he'd overdone his training that day.

"Touya, why do you hate Shoto?" I asked suddenly.

Touya tensed. "Do you really have to ask that? That little shit takes everything from me. He took dad's approval, my old room, even mom's attention. I wish he wasn't born. Then I could still be dad's masterpiece and he'd still be proud of me."

I bit my lip and picked the skin next to my nails. A habit I needed to stop, Fuyumi always fussed to me about it. "But I don't understand. Dad has never liked me."

Touya sighed and stopped wrapping the bandages on his arm. He reached over and set his hand on top of my head of white hair, ruffling it gently before running his hands through it. "I know. That's why you don't understand. When Dad approves of you, it's like your his greatest masterpiece. Like nothing can ever be more important then you. I liked it when I felt that way, which is why I hate that little bastard." Touya scoffed.

"Do you hate me?" I asked, furrowing my brows together.

"Nah. Besides you're me blue eyed sister. Nothing can get between us." He said as the corner of his lips tilted up.

"But today when me and dad were fighting, he told me no one would love me. Then he started yelling at Fuyumi. It really scared me. And I couldn't find you."

Touya groaned and ran his hand through his hair that had streaks of white showing up.

He turned to me and looked me in the eyes.

"Yukino, you're brave. And when and if something happens to me, you have to protect everyone. Make sure Fuyumi doesn't get overwhelmed. Make sure Natsuo doesn't get too annoying. Your my little sister with the same eyes. We're bonded. So that means we have to stand up for others."

I set my lips in a firm line and nodded. "I won't let you down Touya."

"I know, Yukino."

I flicked the red feather on my nightstand.

It's been over a month since Hawks gave it too me and I didn't know what to do with it. He said he'll always be looking out for me if I have it on, but what the hell was I going to even wear it with?

I shook my head, it could wait.

I quickly got dressed in my hero suit and walked out the door, and like we planned, the stupid bird was leaning against the wall across from my apartment with a cocky look on his face.

"I thought I told you to wait outside." I said.

"This is outside. Outside your apartment. If you wanted me outside the building you should have been more specific." He smirked.

I glared at him and walked past him. He whined after me as we walked out the building.

"So where are we going?" I wondered.

"We are flying to the next town over. We're going undercover." He said.

I grimaced. "Flying. Why can't we drive?"

Hawks raised his brows. "Your expressions when we're flying is the most funniest thing. And it's fun."

"Not good enough."