Chapter 11

The past few days that I've been here have been great to say the least. Now that he knows I'm here for the long run , Conner and I have been getting closer each day.

The more time I spend with him the more I start to second guess everything that I've heard about him.

I know he may lose his temper at times but since I've been here those moments have been few to none.

Even his Beta , Max, has noticed a difference.

The only thing that really nibs a bud in my happy bubble is the guilt that eats me alive every time that I let a lie slip from my mouth.

It literally kills me on the inside to lie to him, but I know he wouldn't like the truth.

In a way I guess it's selfish to say but I like how things are going now and I know it would never be the same if I tell him the truth.

So for now I've decided to put that secret in a box and seal it until the time is right.

I was so wrapped up in my own thoughts that I didn't even hear the bedroom door open, but I could tell a certain someone was in the room from by the way my body reacted.

The hairs on my arms stood at attention and my heart hammered as the all too familiar scent filled my senses and demanded my attention.

I looked up just in time to see my mate walking towards the bed.

"Hi" I said with I'm sure a smile as wide as the sea.

"Hey, I just wanted to tell you that I'm going to my office for the day. So if you need anything you can come see me or ask Max."

And just like that my smile faded. I know it sounds silly but I got so used to him spending all of his time with me that I forgot of his other duties.

He saw my change in feature and his forehead wrinkled a bit.

"Or I could stay here with you."

" No." I said a little to loudly and his
forehead wrinkled deeper. " I mean you don't have to stay." " You've spent every second with me for the past week and I know you have a lot of work to catch up on."

"I could always wait until tomorrow."

"No. Go do what Alphas do." I said while forcing out a chuckle. " You're pack needs you."

"Don't you mean our pack." "You are the luna you know." he said in a playful tone but I could tell by his eyes that the statement means more to him than he's letting on.

"I know that." I said while playfully rolling my eyes but on the inside I was shaking like a chihuahua.

"Stop stalling." I said while getting off the bed and playfully pushing him out the door.

"Fine boss, but if you need anything just drop by."

"I'll be fine Conner now go before I take out the big guns." I threatened while flexing my arms.

"Yes mam." he chuckled while leaving out of the door.

I turned around with a sigh. Well there goes my plans for the rest of the day.

I looked at my clock and it read 11:16. What could I do to pass time?

Them it hit me. I haven't talked to Nana Ann in ages it seems and I do need some more clothes.

So deciding to kill two birds with one stone, I called Nana up for a girls day out.

••••••

After getting ready, I walked down the stairs and headed for the door.

Waiting for me outside in a black Mercedes was none other than Nana Ann.