Chapter 14

I woke up this morning with the intent of cuddling with my mate,but when I reached out for him I was met with a crisp piece of paper instead.

After coming to my senses, I picked up the paper to see what was on it.

Will be in the office if you need me -Conner.

Was written in elegant cursive on the little white slip.

Since it was past 10 , I decided to get my morning started. I crawled out of bed and walked over to the window.

Pushing aside the curtains I was amazed by the view. The sun was smiling brightly in the sky and there was not a cloud in sight.

It's a perfect day to go get some fresh air I decided as I skipped to the bathroom to do my morning routine.

Not wasting any time, I stripped out of my clothes and couldn't help the blush that crept across my skin as I remembered my reason for wearing so little last night.

A wide smile broke onto my face as I recalled the feeling of Conner's plumb lips massaging my own. I shook my head clear with a sigh and hopped into the shower.

After my shower, I wrapped myself in one of Conner's soft cotton towels and walked to our closet.

I decided on a strapless, floral dress that stopped mid thigh and some brown, gladiator sandals.

Then I unwrapped the towel from around my head and proceeded to do my hair.

After ten minutes of taming my hair with the blow dryer, I smiled as my brown locks framed my face and flowed down my back.

I walked out of the bedroom and down the stairs towards the kitchen. Knowing Conner, I knew that he's been locked in his office all day without an ounce of food.

The smile that graced my face loosened a bit as I opened the fridge to find it empty besides some fruit, bagels , cream cheese ,and a carton of orange juice.

Oh well, I guess I have to work with what I got. I made a mental note to go grocery shopping when I went out today.

Placing his food on a tray I slowly walked up the stairs and down the hall to Conner's office. Anticipation filled my stomach and urged my feet to walk faster as I caught sight of his door.

Without thinking, I pushed open the door and entered the room.

I froze as I heard a deep laughter radiating across the room. To my surprise there were two other men sitting on a couch across from Conner.

All eyes snapped on me as the door closed behind me. My knees began to shake and a deep blush painted my skin as I walked towards where they were sitting.

"Ummm I-I didn't know you had company , I jut wanted to bring you something to eat." I stuttered as I placed the tray on the table.

"And who is this lovely lady." one of the men questioned.

You could tell they were both alphas by their size and you could feel the power pouring from their skin.

"My name is Abigail sir, I'm Conner's-."

"Mate" Conner stated matter of factly from behind me and a surge of happiness rushed through me at his words.

"So this is the famous Abigail I've been hearing so much about." he said before taking my hand and placing a kiss it. "He didn't do you justice."

I blushed at his boldness. You could tell he was a lady's man. With his warm, brown eyes and blonde hair, he was extremely handsome, but not as handsome as a certain blue eyed devil I knew.