Chapter 19- to kiss and let go

☀︎︎

Time had fulfilled one of its destinies, the friendship between the three.

Yet a different timer was running out, as it
Tick
Ticked
away.

The three entered the room the girls had been staying in, Ava was on Tewkesburys back, she had gotten tired from walking and the boy had offered to carry her.

It truly had been an experience. He had been shown the many different shapes of clouds, that most buildings had faces of sorts and also that Ava saw him as a Princess. Plus how it felt for a jealous lover to glare at you. It was definitely an experience.

Once they entered the room, Ava climbed off his back and Enola was at her side at an instant. Her hand in Ava's as they conversed with the brunet boy.

"Is this how you're living?"
He questioned, glancing around the room.

"Did you just rent a room at the Ritz?"
Enola fired back. As her and Ava began to try and tidy the mess.

"I afforded myself a shade more comfort than this."
He responded, as he continued to glance around.

Ava spotted Enolas undergarments hanging on a case to dry, and stuffed them in the closet as to avoid any awkwardness, in case Tewkesbury noticed them.

"The women we boarded off assured it was a fine room, even Mi the mouse agrees."
Ava told Tewkesbury, as she sat upon the windowsill twirling her flower in her hand.

"Well sorry, but they lied."
He informed in a bubbly voice, as he removed his jacket.

A pause settled, causing Ava to awkwardly clear her throat. It was as if she floated across the room, as she took Tewkesburys jacket and placed it on the peg.

Soon after, she turned to find something she could put water in so that the flower wouldn't die. After not seeing anything, she entered the bathroom and dug around the draws. Smiling in victory as she found a pot of sorts.

Ava filled it, and entered the room as Enola spoke.

"Viscount irritation, Marquess of Bothersomeshire, I'll murder you myself."
Enola told the boy next to her.

Ava laughed hard as she clutched her stomach, the water in her hand nearly spilled. She managed to place it on the side without spilling it, as she found she couldn't stop laughing. She sat beside the two on the bed, and stuffed her face into Enolas shoulder to muffle her giggles. She didn't know why it was so funny, but her stomach hurt from it.

The two stared at the girl in amusement, before silence overcame them.

"People don't seem to want us, do they?"
Tewkesbury spoke.

Ava's breath caught in her throat.
Mood drop.

Ava repeated in her mind, don't laugh don't laugh. This was serious.

It was just the mood change, Ava squeezed her eyes shut and bit down into her hand. She wouldn't laugh.

It took a second, and a few tears to come to her eyes, but eventually Ava calmed down. And tried to match the mood.

"No."
Enola spoke.
The three sat in silence before Ava spoke again.

"Atleast we've got eachother."
She said, she and Tewkesbury shared a look of understanding. But as she looked into Enolas eyes she found she couldn't look away.

They were the prettiest thing she's ever seen. The two continued to stare, taking eachother in.

"I'll make us some tea."
Enola interrupted, before abruptly standing and making her way downstairs.