🐞Stoneheart Part 1/Rise of Scarlet Beetle🥇

Waiting outside only one of the best bakeries in the city is a athletic-looking young man of Asian descent. He glances down at his watch for the fifth time then smirks. "Three... Two... One."

"I'M GONNA BE ON TIME!" Screamed a blue-haired girl as she burst through the front door with a box of what the athlete assumed to be filled with her parents' heavenly pastries. Noticing the box tilting a bit in her hands, he got down low and caught the box just in time before it could hit the ground. "Oh, God! Thanks, Kim!" She said, relieved as she took the box back.

Kim shoots her two finger guns. "Hey, when you grow up with someone as clumsy as you, you learn to stay on your toes," he said endearingly, earning a playful glare from the girl. "Come on, Marinette, you know I'm joking!"

She chuckled. "Yeah, yeah, now shut it, you. I refuse to be late this time!" She declared, already proceeding to her school, Francoise DuPont, one of the best schools in Paris according to many. Many students with connections can be found roaming the halls, some people have probably seen on television or in a magazine or two. Even the mayor's daughter goes there. You'd think that would be amazing, but... When you get to know her, you'll beg your parents to send you somewhere else.

"And you won't. Because I had Max hack into your phone and reset your alarm earlier than you set it." Hearing this, the bluenette stopped in her tracks and turned to Kim with a bewildered look that soon melted away and she nodded as if it were a normal thing. Because it is. Of course, she would have to talk to Max when she sees him in class later about hacking into her phone and then dish out punishment, Dupain-Cheng style.

"Well, that explains why I was so tired waking up," she grumbled before perking up. "But! It is a new day, and hopefully... Say it with me now, Kim."

"We won't have classes with Chloe this year!" They cheered as they stopped by the crosswalk

Kim crosses his fingers. "It can't happen again, it just can't!"

Marinette groaned. "It's like the universe is against us! But," she takes a deep breath to calm herself down as her mother showed her whenever she had a rough day at school. "Besides that, I see someone swapped out their mustard and ketchup hoodie," she said teasingly, pointing to Kim's bright red hoodie. "Finally!"

"Well, I'm sure Nath will be happy knowing he's won 'The Battle of the Purple Pants,'" he added, pointing to Marinette's pink jeans. "I miss seeing you in pink. You wore it all the time when we were seven."

"Yeah, but I figured it was time for a little change... Then I went back to wearing pink," she said with a roll of her eyes. "I just couldn't stay-"

"Ôi, chết tiệt!" Kim screamed before rushing towards the street while Marinette yelled after him.

"KIM!" That was when she noticed a car speeding towards a little old Asian man who probably didn't see the crosswalk light was red for pedestrians. Thanks to years of intense workouts for sports, Kim was able to pick him up and rush him to the sidewalk before the car could hit either one of them. "Oh my God," she gasped, looking more shaken up than the old man who oddly didn't look the least bit stunned.

Kim panted. "Sir, are you okay?"

"Yes," he nodded. "Thank you, young man." Kim beamed.

"My pleasure," he said before getting a quick smack to the back of the head from Marinette. "Ow!"

"That was for cursing!" She chastised, and for a second, Kim saw his mother. "I thought I taught you better, Kimmy."

He groaned. "You know I don't like that name!"

While the two of them bickered for a while like siblings, the old man reached into his pocket before pulling something out and slipping that object into the open pocket of Kim's backpack before making his way down the sidewalk.