🦋Copycat🐈‍⬛

"Camera?"

"Check."

"Microphone?"

"Check."

"Sunscreen?"

Alya groaned. "But that stuff is so sticky!" She smacks Marinette's hand away before she can coat her with the stuff. "Mari! No!"

"I'm only doing this because I care about you!" The shorter girl finally applies some on her friend's face. "And I don't want you getting skin tags!" Alya groaned and reluctantly allowed her to apply the sunscreen on her face. "There, was that so hard?"

"Yes," she pouted before a huge grin invaded her face. "But you're just lucky I'm in too much of a good mood to care! Quick happy best friends selfie!" She holds up her phone, and Marinette is immediately at her side.

"Always!"

Alya snaps a few pictures of them doing different poses before stopping at seven. The reason for the two's joy is due to the fact that they'll be among many reporters interviewing a well-known sculptor for his work in creating a statue of Scarlet Beetle and Ikati Black at the Place des Vosges. When Alya caught wind of the sculptor, she was, of course, ecstatic and was able to get Marinette on board. They spent days preparing interview questions, practicing the right camera angles, and creating merchandise to pass out to people who might not have heard of their blog. Finally, they were ready.

"Oh! Don't forget the wristbands," Alya reminded, to which Marinette replied with a scoff and held up an Ikati Black-themed bag filled with black and red wristbands with Bug and Cat Chat logos printed on them. "That's my girl!"

"Let's move out!" Marinette cheered, and the two made their way out of her room.

🐈‍⬛🦋

"I'm sure you've outdone yourself, Théo," André commended, giving the young man a pat on the back for reassurance, noticing the sweat on his brow. "Why else would I commission you in the first place? There's no need to be nervous."

Théo turned away from the crowd and was finally able to drop the big plastic smile that the cameras just ate up, much to his relief since the sides of his face were starting to hurt. "Thank you again, Mayor Bourgeois; it was really my honor. I'm just really hoping Scarlet Beetle will show up and autograph the photo I used of him as the inspiration for the statue."

André glanced at the photo Théo pulled out of his jacket pocket, then at the enamored look on his face. He opened and closed his mouth a few times, but didn't say anything... Yet. First things first, André Bourgeois is no homophobe. Living in the city of love, there are all types of different loves. And people, no matter what gender can love whom they please... It's just that...

He's not sure how old Théo is. Judging by Scarlet Beetle's youthful appearance and voice, he must be around Chloe's age. Now with Théo's facial hair and his height, it concerns him that he might have a crush on the young hero.

'Maybe I should stand between them,' André thought to himself before looking down at his watch and perking up when he noticed the time. Scarlet Beetle and Ikati Black should be arriving any moment now.

🐈‍⬛🦋

"Are you almost charged up, Plagg?" Max asked, not looking up at his phone as he watched the Bug and Cat Chat live stream. "It's nearly time."

The Kwami took one last bite of his small block of cheese before giving what Max assumed to be a thumbs up. "Ready when you are kid," he said while licking the crumbs off of his face. "Don't you think it seems early for a statue, though? I mean, you've only taken down like five Akumas. Shouldn't they wait until number ten?" Max seemed to contemplate his words.