🦋Animan🐾

Denise grunts a bit as they do another pull-up. "So, is it a date, or what?"

"Or what," Kim sighs. He grabs a barbell and begins his second set of curls while Marcelle warms up by the punching bag, getting in a few practice swings.

After doing a slight schedule change a while back, the three discovered that they all went to the same gym and began to make a habit of working out together. Denise would get in a full body workout, Kim strengthened his muscles for any upcoming swim meets, and Marcelle practiced her kickboxing. All the while Simon kept watch to make sure none of them were overexerting themselves and to get a front-row seat of Denise working out.

"Mari, Nino, Alya, and Adrien are all going, too," Kim continues. "So it's probably just a group thing. Besides, does a zoo really seem like the best romantic spot?"

"Hey, don't say that. Hell, if people tried hard enough, they could make a literal dump the equivalent of a fancy restaurant." With the last set done, Denise lets go of the bar and heads over to a bench where Simon is waiting for them with a towel and a water bottle. They take the water bottle with a grateful smile.

"Denise is right, Kim," Denise translates for Simon before taking a few sips of water. When they're done, he signs again. "I took them to an aquarium last month and it turned out to be one of our best dates."

Denise smiles fondly at the memory. "We saw two sea turtles kiss. It had to be one of the cutest things to happen there."

Simon signs, "Well, that and when the dolphin kissed that baby." He and Denise gush, completely forgetting about Kim and his qualms, now obsessing over the dolphin. Marcelle, overhearing their conversation, rolls her eyes at the display. No one is ever going to catch her being that sappy around someone. "It was so fucking cute! The dolphin just booped her little nose. "Any wider, and his lips may just split down the middle from smiling so much.

"See? Moments like that make me change my mind about having kids," Denise squeals. "I wanna have one, then I'm gonna take them to the aquarium, and pray they get their nose booped by a dolphin! God, I need that in my life so bad!" The couple continues to gush and fawn over the memory, only to remember how they got to the subject in the first place when Kim clears his throat, and he and Marcelle throw the two unimpressed looks as he towels off his sweat.

"Right." Simon looks embarrassed. "So, a date? Not a date? What's going on?"

"Probably not a date," Kim answers solemnly. "I don't know, guys. What's going to happen if I go there, dress all nice, and expect Max to flirt with me or I try to flirt with him? Then all he does is just spout the chances of a zebra escaping a leopard or something. I don't feel like getting my hopes up and then getting all mopey around my friends on what's supposed to be a fun day out."

Marcelle throws one last punch at the bag. "Okay... I'm gonna tell you the same thing I told Marc when he was having his own boy troubles a while back... If he ain't into you, screw him, 'cause you're a badass. Feeling better?"

"... Not really."

"What I mean is, you're hot, you're athletic, you love cute animals, your eyeliner is always on point, you have an amazing singing voice, and a big-ass heart," Marcelle lists rather bluntly. "And if Max can't see all of those amazing qualities in you, then he isn't worthy of your love! So, get dolled up when you get home, wear the most kissable shade of lipstick you own, and find an outfit that'll wow the guy! Do you hear me?!" Her shouting has gathered the attention of most of the gym. A few women and some guys cheer before going back to their workouts. "See? They all get it."

Kim ducks his head a bit in embarrassment from the attention Marcelle just gathered. While she could have worded it in a different tone, she's right, as much as it pains him to admit it. If Max doesn't show any interest in him no matter how much he puts himself out there, then there are other people. Of course, it will make the squad dynamic a little awkward when they're in the same room. And Marinette and Nino will be caught in the middle of it all. And-