Chpt 7- Calm Whispers

Upon Jolly's insistence, I did a listening spell over Luca, Nova, Felicita, Debito, Liberta, and on Jolly himself. I was surprised he even add himself. I was stuck to the mansions confinement. Luca let me make the lemon pies after constant begging.

       "I think I went a bit over board," I whispered as I stare at the two-hundred and fifty lemon pies. "Milord, Milady and I could of helped you," Luca says to me. "No I wanted to do this. Besides, this way Draco can't say I been lazy even though I'm not supposed to do much today," I replied. Felicita and Luca helped me give it to some of the others. I literally had to scare Pace off from demanding more than three whole pies. He learned quickly not to cross me. Dante, Liberta, Debito, and Luca was all telling me it's the best they ever had. I blushed madly at that.

      Later Felicita and Luca were handing out pie to others. Draco eventually came around were I was and shared one with me. Draco decided to give one to the clothes shop owner; apparently she reminded him of his mother a bit. I just boxed the last one when Jolly walked in. "Made yourself useful I see," he addresses me. "I know well on my Arcana powers. And with me in confinement and Draco helping Liberta, I figured I do something I already know how to do to thank everyone. When Luca told me about the pie, I begged to do it instead. He doesn't give up the kitchen easily," I laughed as I told him. I grab two pies and hand them to him. "Here, I'm sure you don't to eat much and forget with your work. And I have a feeling you may need the second one," I tell him. He takes them giving a smirk and walks away.

      With the spell I had on the others I learned quite a bit about them. I almost laughed when Nova had Felicita snoop on Jolly. I knew why his research was high. The Arcana problem with Papa was getting slightly worse; especially if Papa tries to use his power. So Jolly has been working his butt off to find a solution. Nova should really learn how to be more human though. I sigh as I'm walking to the train field. Liberta and Draco were sparing with each other when I arrived. At least Draco was keeping his mind off the war. I walk to Papa's office and sit in one of the chairs in front of his desk. Papa chuckles. "Don't like being on bed rest I take it?" He asked me. "Is it that obvious?" I asked back. He just laughs at that. "How are things Serpenus? Besides pouting cause of no work," Papa says to me. "Draco is settling good; working with Liberta on his swordsmanship and all. So he is doing ok, Hedwig gets along with Fukulota, and learning more about the family more every day," I tell him. Papa just nods in acknowledgment then looks at me with a questioning look. "Has anyone caught your eye by any chance?" He asked me. This time I laughed. "Not really, yes there are some attractive but looks aren't everything. Besides, everyone just she's me as a newbie. We're as Felicita has been here longer," I say to him. I catch the sad look in his eyes and I try to cheer him up. "Don't look sad Papa, it's fine. Just because I'm the mature of the two doesn't mean you need to worry about me more. I'll be fine," I tell him with a smile. I get up to leave for Papa's face hasn't changed. "Goodnight Papa," I tell him as I leave his office.