Chapter XIV: Gregory

Gregory stared up at the tangled mess of wires and black ooze that lay before him. He cringed a bit at the sight, wrinkling up his nose in disgust.

"Eugh," he gagged, looking back at Freddy. "How the heck are we supposed to get through this thing?"

Freddy looked up in thought, crossing his arms. "Perhaps there is a way around. Let us look around." Gregory gave a nod and ran off into a corner.

"Wait, Supersta-" he was interrupted by an intense feeling.

Something happened. He could feel it. Someone was watching him... or something. He spun around, his eyes scanning the nearby surfaces for any sign of life. Nothing. Up, down, left, right, front, back, side to side, all this searching and there was nothing.

Maybe it was a flaw in his code. A bug, if you will. But no. He felt something deeper than just an error. Something was definitely watching him.

His servos began to overfill with worry. No, worry wasn't a strong enough word; this was more. Worse. This was fear.

He didn't know what he was fearing, though. Why was he so afraid of what seemed like nothing? Its was like the possibility of it even being there was scary.

He had never been afraid of anything in his time of 'living', really. Worried, maybe anxious at most... So what could be so fearsome that he would tense up without even getting a glimpse of it?

He was overreacting. There was nothing to worry about, he told himself. And he believed it... for a second. Then he heard a scream. A soul-piercing scream. One that would fracture anyone's heart who would hear it. Loud, scared, begging to be spared. And then it stopped as quickly as it started. It's ghost echoed through the vents and into the room, ringing in his ears for a moment before it faded into the oblivion, never to be heard again. One last cry for help, to go almost unnoticed. One last chance, to be ignored. One last hope, to be crushed by whatever demon- no, devil was doing this to people.

As if on instinct, he rushed to Gregory as quickly as he possibly could. His legs started moving before Freddy could even process what was happening. He got to the corner where he had been left, and...

There was nothing there.

The dust and grime of the room were piled up onto each other, but Gregory was no where to be seen.

"Gregory!" He shouted, hoping, praying for an answer. He felt tears trickle down his face as he frantically searched for the child. Not here, not there, not in the corner, not in the charging station...

His mind swirled. Gregory? Gregory? Where are you? Are you lost? Are you hurt? Did something happen?

Freddy took five deep breaths. Five seconds long each, closing his eyes to prevent getting distracted. This calmed him down a bit, but then he felt something else. Something completely different.

Rage and determination.

"I will find him. I will bring him back to me. And I will kill the person who did this."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Word count: 522)

HI WHAT I'M SO SORRY EHEHEHEBEHE SCHOOL'S BEEN A DICK AND YEAH I'M SO SORRY BUT NO I HAVEN'T GIVEN UP AND I'M NOT PLANNING ON IT

Also I'm tired asf so gn