MAGIC NUMBER

George's POV:

"I read your letter."

I subconsciously held my breath as I waited for her reaction. There was a short pause, us just staring into each other eyes before she spoke again.

"Can I come in?" she asked quietly. I instantly nodded, stepping back slightly and allowing her to enter, her closing the door behind her.

There we stood in silence again, the small distance between us paining me as I wanted nothing more than to feel her and hold her in my arms.

And suddenly, as though my prayers were heard, Arabella launched forward and wrapped her arms tightly around my torso, causing me to stumble back slightly. She held me as close as she could, her head nuzzles into my chest.

I immediately held her back, my arms wrapping around her shoulders with one hand holding onto her head. Her body relaxed into my mine, her scent causing me to shut my eyes and smile.

I cradled her head and held her close, savouring every second now knowing what it felt like not being able to have her in my arms.

We unintentional begin to spin side to side slightly, joy overcoming us as we held each other so contently.

"I'm still mad at you." She mumbled from my chest.

I chuckled slightly, my fingers running through her hair, "That's alright darling."

"And I still need to say some things." I felt her fingers trace small circles on my back.

"I know love." I kissed the top of her head, just glad I got to hold her and comfort her. I didn't matter whether she wanted to scream at me, as long as I had her in arms as she did it.

***********************************

Some time had passed, and Arabella and I had spent the entirety of it in a comfortable silence, cuddled up to one another in my bed.

Well I see it more as our bed.

I wanted to give her the time she needed before she wanted to get the necessary stuff off her chest; so in the meantime I was just there as the comfort she wanted.

She had eventually got everything off of her chest that she had let sit there overnight which I listened to and only spoke when she asked me a question or she needed reassurance. I made sure that everything she wanted to know or was unsure of was aired and resolved to make sure nothing like this happened again.

Once it was settled, both of our hearts were restored and we resumed in the position we had laid for a while, feeling whole again.

Eventually, Arabella shuffled out of my arms and sat up crossed legged in front of me. I remained leant up against my headboard, laid back with my arm bent up supporting my head.

"Talk to me, tell me what you're thinking," I encouraged.

She opened her mouth to speak but hesitated for a moment, before finally committing to a sentence.

"How many people have you slept with?"

My eyes widened slightly, this definitely not being the first question I was expecting.

"You're not going to slut-shame me are you?" I teased, smirking whilst she tried to hold back a smile.

"Noooo," she rolled her eyes with a slight grin, "it's just with you admitted that you have always kept that sort of stuff from me, I think it would be good to just be open about it, so there aren't any other surprises that can come back to bite us- well mainly you- in the arse."