Horseshoe overlook

It was around a day or two after they had arrived at the new camp, which she'd learned was called 'Horseshoe Overlook'.

The gang was already getting settled down into the area.

A man named Leopold Strauss had already starting collecting debtors. She's never done the lending personally, but had collected a few times for other people and stopped not liking the nasty business.

The suffering got arguably worse. Her hunger had increased even more, and that would probably have to be due to Pearsons wagon right by them. The smells were heavenly.

Anytime she tried to speak she feared an organ would come spilling up. As well as the terrorizing got worse, as being out in the open made them now easier targets.

Micah had to be the worse, but it seemed that was a given for him. Bill was close behind. That man just had no life, Dutch just had a hatred against them, and made it obvious with comments. Hosea and Arthur would throw comments, Sadie- which she learned was the blonde woman had more than every right to persecute them. And a fucking child named Jack has taken the likes to throw rocks at them.

Ranza was currently watching Uncle and Arthur hook up a wagon as some of the girls talked them into bringing them into town.

The shire horses stood lazily as they were harnessed, and hooked onto the wagon, and hooking the reins on the wagon.

Three of the woman in camp bound up and into the wagon, and were all chatting and chirping as they left. Quite a lively bunch they were.

Ranza pulled her eyes back to camp once they were out of view, and watched some men sitting around the campfire gossiping.

Ranza slumped against the rope slightly deciding to get some shut eye, and felt herself slipping into a painful sleep.

"Hey greaser, no time to sleep!" Micah cackled as he walked up to her, and she felt a foot slam into her head as she groaned in pain, as she felt blood running from the back of her scalp.

This certainly did not make her headache any better, and she screwed her eyes shut.

Ranza wanted to stab the fucker, not shoot. Stab. She wanted him to feel what she felt, but she would shoot him if there was a gun if it was such little rounds she could shoot him so much and cause him pain without him dying.

"Are you ok Raz?!" Kieran called out worriedly to his friend and she nodded with clenched teeth. "I-I'll be fine." She grunted out.

"It's just a scratch." She reassured. A scratch that wouldn't stop bleeding, and when it did caked her head and skull with blood, and started to scab over.

~•~

A few hours later the woman returned, and the blonde had a beaten looking face.

Mary-Beth walked by and looked horrified seeing the blood on Ranza. "Miss do you think you can get me something to eat? Anything!" He begged and she looked at him unsurely. "Please?" He added and she sighed quickly turning around and dishing some stew before hurrying back over to Kieran, and his face lit up.

"You have to hurry." She said and put the dish to his lips letting him down it, and she looked over to Ranza. "You want some?" She asked the woman who looked at her unsurely and shrugged.