The Letter

It had been a few days after they had moved camps, and it was certainly different than Horseshoe. Though it was a hard choice if she liked that camp, or this one better.

Ranza woke up from a peaceful slumber hearing a soft snore, and she looked over seeing his cheek smashed up against his pillow, rolling her eyes at the expression on his face as he slept. She let out a soft huff at her roommate, and sat up.

Sharing a tent with Javier wasn't near as bad as she thought it was going to be. He was only in there when he slept anyways, he spent most of his off time around the campfire. The time he was in the tent he usually passed out a little after arriving.

Ranza grabbed her day shirt from one of her bags, and slid off the night shirt she had, hearing a soft noise behind her, and snapped her head around to look at Javier, who just turned over, and she could see the pink shading his ears. "Javier..?" she asked quietly, and blinked at him a bit.

"Sorry... I woke up, I didn't know you were getting changed 'til i looked" he apologized softly, and she squeaked a bit, quickling buttoning up her shirt. "It's okay... my fault..." she muttered, "I'm almost done." she said, quickly sliding off her pants, and putting her black jeans back on, hastily buttoning them up.

She tucked her shirt in sloppily, trying to tuck it in somewhat neatly. "Alright..." she murmured, and he awkwardly turned over onto his other side, offering her a soft smile. Javier sat back up, and patted in between his legs, getting a confused look from the girl.

"I'll braid your hair." he offered, and she hesitated, before moving, and sitting in between his legs. Javier undid her hair, and brushed through it gently. "I am still amazed how much hair you have.." he chuckled, and she huffed a bit. "¿Gracias?"

"De nada." he said back to her, and she felt him doing a different braid than usual, and let out a small noise as he pulled a bit hard. "Sorry..." he muttered, and she huffed. "What are you even doing?" she asked softly, as he weaved her hair gently. "I saw Tilly and Mary-Beth doing it earlier." he explained, and she hummed.

They both ended up sitting there for another fifteen minutes, before Javier slumped his head down onto her shoulder with a frustrated sigh, and grumbled. "You can just do a normal braid..." she pointed out quietly, and he huffed a bit. "They made it look so easy.." he muttered.

Javier tied off her hair after finishing it, and let out a small yawn, shaking his head dramatically. "You sound like you need to go back to bed." she said, and he nodded with another yawn. "I feel like I need to go back to bed." he chuckled, and set his hand on her shoulder softly.

"I'm gonna go help Kieran." she said, and he nodded, letting her shoulder go as she stood up, and walked out of the tent. She headed over towards the horses where Keiran was most likely at.

Ranza helped him brush the horses off, and make sure they had ample hay for the day; she sat with him after they had finished to clean up her saddle with him.

An hour and a half or so later she went over seeing Mary-Beth sewing by herself, about to go over before she was called. "Miss Basturo!" Missus Grimshaw called, and her face fell expecting to get a earful of something.

"A later came for you." The older woman said, and handed her a black envelope with a golden sticker keeping it shut. "Thank you.." she thanked quietly, and Susan nodded curtly, before turning around, and going back off to do whatever she was doing.