12.

// another update before i go missing for another week. work's been calling for me. //

Jack was sitting in his car the past 30 minutes. Yes, he was a jerk and a pain in the ass – but he couldn't help himself. Camila was jealous, that's it.

Jack sighed. Camila confessing her love for him made it harder. It made him doubt his feelings for Amanda, and his feelings for Camila were just strengthening. But what's the point now? He left her back at the diner. Great Jack, just great.

Amanda was sex on legs, that was great – but she wasn't like Camila. She doesn't listen to him, instead just teases her into sexual intercourse. He was tired of that. He just wanted someone to care about how his day was or someone to remember how he loved cranberry juice – not orange. He didn't want someone who only cared about if his dick was up or not. Damn.

He took his iPhone from his back pocket, and found the number in his contacts. He smiled at the thought of having Camila on speed dial, but frowned when he knew he messed up. He groaned before calling Amanda.

"Hello?"

"Hi babe."

"Yeah? I'm kinda busy right now Jack." Jack frowned at her tone. She had been busy the past three days, and what happened back at the diner kind of made him doubt Amanda. He didn't want an unhealthy relationship. He practically backed her up instead of believing his best friends. Wow, that was an unpleasant thought.

"Alright then. I'll see you soon?"

"Yeah, okay. Bye." Jack frowned at her sense of rushing and decided to say something before she hung up. "Okay, I lov-." Amanda hung up before Jack could even say anything further.

Jack felt pissed off suddenly, he had just defended his own girlfriend in front of his best friends, and it still felt like shit. He felt lonely, and wanted to speed dial the girl he's been missing the past week. Well, his hand hovered over the button, but he slid his phone in his back pocket before he would do anything he'd regret.

He drove home, the radio currently playing some Bastille, and his fingers didn't play with the steering wheel like they used to. He just wasn't in the mood.

Coming home to his empty bed made him feel empty. He laid in bed, and stared up at the ceiling. He closed his eyes, and found himself thinking about those pretty brown eyes, dark brown locks that were usually wavy down her back, and her typical outfit of t shirts and skinnies that really made her butt look good. He laughed at his own pervy thought. As he started thinking about the girl he was in love with, he found himself thankful for not telling Amanda that he loved her.

Amanda was no Camila. He wanted Amanda, but he needed Camila. That was for sure.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

He woke up late, actually too lazy to get up from the comfortable warmth of his bed. He got to the kitchen, and grabbed a chocolate donut from the fridge – his mind drooling over the wonderful breakfast he would get at the diner. He would love to go to the diner right now, but the problem was he just wasn't ready. He just couldn't do it yet.

Dumb egoistical jerk.

He called Amanda, finding himself calling an out of service number. He frowned, and dialed again – only finding himself dialing the number another five times before deciding to give up. Where was she anyways?

He thought about how Johnson and Camila told him about Amanda being with another man. Yes, it made him furious that Amanda was cheating on him, who wouldn't be?

He finished his poor breakfast and washed up only to get dressed in a sweatshirt and some dark jeans. Slipping on his vans, he walked out to his car – deciding to give Amanda a visit at work.