4.

Camila looked at the watch, and let out a sigh of relief. She wasn't complaining about working 10 hours a day, 7 days a week - but it gets tired of the same routine. She could also use some hours for buying some things for herself. That was why she was excited for tomorrow, the fortnight day off for her. The day she gets to spend with Jack or Ashley, depending on which was free.

To be honest, it was always Jack. Ashley had her boyfriend to take care of and they saw each other every day so she knew Jack was another option she was always looking forward too. She could use the fortnight sleepover they had regularly. Two movies in one night and a whole load of junk food seems like heaven right now.

The diner was slowly emptying, since there were only fifteen minutes to closing. Ashley was cleaning up front while she settled the back door stuff. It was a blessing that Ashley could be there for the night. She rarely gained company when it came to closing times, so she finally got to do lesser things that night.

"C, Jackass is here!" Camila smiled at Ashley's response.

"Alright Ash, wait up!" she continued with the dishes and tossed the unneeded stuff in the garbage bin before throwing it out. After washing her hands, she took off her apron and walked out in front.

To think about it, today wasn't another normal day. It was their fortnight sleepover due, and it wasn't the only thing she was waiting for.

"Cammie!" he shouted. They pulled in each other for a hug, and Jack lifted her up slightly. It was only two days since seeing each other, but they still managed to miss each other so much.

"Happy 2 years Jack," they pulled away from each other, and Camila noticed the diner was empty. It was only the three of them, and she was thankful for that. She was a shy kind of girl, so she didn't really want to attract attention.

"My god Cammie. Two years, and I still don't know how you keep up with my daily dose of farting." Jack teased her, poking her right on the cheek, making Camila blush automatically. "But I still got my blush activator right here," they laughed while Ashley awkwardly cleared her throat.

"Well, I need to go home to see my beloved boyfriend. When are yall doing that too?" asked Ashley, smirking at her own comment. Camila opened her mouth to object, but Jack got to her first.

"Alright Ashole, go home." Jack pulled Camila who was laughing at his remark, and Ashley just shook her head while grabbing her jacket from the back. "Alright guys, have fun being awkward friends and not lovers."

Ashley just couldn't stop, could she? Camila sighed.

"Alright, now where's my gift?" jack teased, his pearly white teeth in full display. Camila laughed at his grin, and ran off to the back grabbing the stuff she needed.

"It's not that much, but I thought it'd be good enough." Camila placed the gifts on the counter, carefully aligning them so they looked perfect. Well, perfect enough for him, maybe.

There was a piece of chocolate brownie on a plate with a glass of milk. The brownie had the number two written on it with caramel sauce along with rainbow sprinkles that was Jack's favourite. Next to it was a photograph of them taken at the park when they had their monthly walks in the park. No, it wasn't a being healthy kinda thing - it was because of his awful dishes for the picnics. An act to repay her gratitude of good food at the diner, he said. Next to the photograph, was a card. Cards were a tradition among them, and it was full of puns or other funny lines you could find on a card.

"Cammie, this is perfect. Just the way I love it," he grabbed her by the elbow, and placed his hand on her shoulder while looking at her gifts. Camila mentally squealed at the word love. It seemed so perfect rolling of his tongue.