2

Kiara's pov

I made my way up to Vito, where he was already chatting with two other men in nice suits like him.

I didn't care to speak to any of those other chumps, so I stuck my hand out and introduced myself, "Mister Neeley, I'm Kiara Kishi. It's delightful to meet you,"

I hated formal talk but it was the only way this stupid, pea-brained man would listen.

"Please, call me Vito," There was the tiniest, most polite grin on his face, "So, are you someone's plus one?"

"No," I quickly corrected, "I came here on my own,"

I was not going to give him the details on what or who I was working with, though I'm sure he already knew.

Something I learned quite quickly was to never underestimate how much someone knew about you.

One of the men, the older one of the two, leaned forward and whispered something in Vito's ear, causing his face to light up immediately.

"Oh! It seems you have quite the reputation, Miss Kiara. Killing your entire family, including your very well known grandfather. I'm sure you're here to take what he once had, correct?" He guessed what I wanted perfectly, causing me to feel annoyed with how open and ridiculous it seemed.

Ambitious, yes. But still ridiculous.

"Yes," I nodded, "And I figured winning this cash would help me with that. But I don't want the damn money," I took in the fact that he seemed to actually be listening, "Can we talk somewhere in private?"

Vito seemed to pause for a moment, considering whether or not to take up the offer.

With one singular nod, he began walking away, leaving his friends to stay behind and for me to follow.

He led the way up a staircase I didn't know the building had, and right into what seemed like a conference room.

"So, tell me, what do you have in mind?" Vito began as he shut the door.

I knew that neither of us would take a seat, it would show comfortability. And this is not a comfortable situation.

It's life or death. Always, with no exception.

"I want to kill Genovese, and I want to do it myself. But he does not trust me enough to give me any weapons besides knives and that won't be enough to do what I want to do to him," I explained briefly. Silly little butterfly knives would not help me get revenge.

I want him to feel the pain my father felt as I took his life from him. Betrayal, hurt, disbelief, and most importantly: pain.

I want him to feel everything I felt, how I handled killing my entire family besides my brother. How it felt to be heartbroken as I had to hold my tears until I got off the plane and went into the hotel room.

I want him to feel like he needed to change his identity if he were to get out of the situation because he'd know I'd find him. I want him to live in fear of me, even after he's dead.

And a butterfly knife won't do that.

"I knew someone would come here to negotiate, but I wasn't expecting you. So we have a deal, but," Vito paused, the tiniest smile flashing across his face as he saw the anticipation on my face.

"You are the only one who can get me my ring, because you know who has it," He explained, "I mean, yeah there are other people who will get the ring, but you're the only one who can actually make their way to get the ring,"

"Elaborate," I demanded, motioning for us both to sit in the chairs. Not because I trusted him, I just knew he wouldn't hurt me and either way these damn heels were starting to hurt my feet and I wanted a break from standing.

"Well, I'm assuming you're familiar with Mr. Brock, yes?" He asked, probably watching my face go pale. "He's dead," I blurted out, "I killed him in Florida over a year ago,"

"You apparently didn't finish the job. Because he is very much alive and causing trouble, per usual," He went on with his way, "He has the ring, and I know you can work your way back into an alliance with him. And if you manage to get into an alliance with him, then I'll give you as much money as your little heart desires,"

"Weapons. I want weapons," I corrected, "But I"ll take money too,"

"Deal," He sighed after a moment, "We'll talk more after you get the ring. Now go," He waved off.

I stood up, but I didn't move. He looked up at me for a moment before rolling his eyes, "I know what you're thinking so I'll tell you. Yes, one of Brock's people are here. And yes, they know you're here. Lay off the champagne and maybe you'll have time to open your eyes,"

"Got it," I shrugged, walking out of the room to leave him alone.

I quickly went down the stairs, looking around the room as soon as I got down the hallway and back into the main room.

The room seemed to be more crowded now that everyone was standing and talking to one another. I couldn't participate in those festivities because I needed to find out who was here.

The smarteset decision would be to check all the name cards, which I did. I started in the corner of the room, on the far side from where I was sitting, and I checked every single one.

Most of the names I didn't recognize, and the ones I did was because I remember them being brought up in one meeting or another.

I felt pretty stupid, finding myself walking up to my own table and rereading all the cards except for my own.

"No fucking way," I said as I picked up the final card, the one of the person who sat across from me.

The only one at my table I didn't see come in or sit down.

"Jake fucking Webber,"