10

Kiara's pov

I let a groan escape my lips as I found myself regaining consciousness.

I felt restrained, and a burning sensation filled my forearms when I twisted them, trying to pull them off the metal side of the chair I must have been sitting on.

I forced myself to peel my eyes open, ignoring the throbbing feeling in the back of my head. I was in a chair, tied at the arms and legs.

The room was empty, a light above my head illuminating the concrete floors and white brick walls. I could guess I was in a basement, but since there was no earthy smell it was probably a garage or warehouse of some type.

"Hello?" I called out, clearing my throat before continuing, "Why am I here? Jake, tell me what the hell is going on?"

"That's the same question I was going to ask you," I heard someone say quietly behind me, and due to whatever Sam put in my system I couldn't immediately recognize the voice.

It was Colby, and I glanced down to see him twisting a knife around in his hand, as if to tease me with its presence.

"Colby," I let out a shaky breath as I did my best to stare into his eyes, "Please get me out of here. This is all a mistake,"

"You flying out here was a mistake?" He asked, raising his eyebrows, "Making your way into my home and going through my shit was a mistake?"

"I was looking for a lighter-" I gulped as I tried to ignore how dried my mouth was, "For a cigarette,"

"You were supposed to stop smoking," He reminded me, and something about his tone sounded just like Kavin.

"And you don't know shit about me," I snapped, "I smoke, who gives a hell? I'm a grown woman,"

I wiggled my arms, trying to pull my arms out but all I accomplished was for the rope to rub into my skin.

"Kiara I want to trust you," He said, and there was just a simple look in his eyes that made me doubt he was telling the truth, "I need to know if you're here to kill me or Sam,"

"No! What- no I'm not," I couldn't believe that he would think I'd want to try and kill him again.

"Then tell me why you're here," He demanded, seeming to get angry at me for no reason.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I asked, feeling desperate to know answers.

How could someone go from being so accepting to so vicious in just a few short hours?

It hurt to know that Colby, of all people, would be willing to treat me like this.

Then it occurred to me: He's not in charge, Sam is. This is Sam's fault.

"Why does Sam want you to do this?" I asked as he bent down in front of me, placing his hands on his knees as he squinted into my eyes.

He leaned forward enough to have his mouth beside me ear, his hot breath sending chills down my spine, "There are people in this room, cameras too," Colby whispered, "I'm so sorry,"

"What do you mean?" I asked, almost stuttering again as he pulled away from me.

"TELL ME WHY YOU'RE HERE," He suddenly shouted into my face, grabbing the back of the chair with one hand and gripping the bottom of my face tightly with the other.

"I-i don't know I just need-" I didn't let the words I just need the ring escape my lips.

If he had any clue I needed the ring they would hide it from me.

Colby's sudden change in mood confused me, like I was talking to two different people.

I didn't realize that more people were in this room, and those people were ready to hurt either of us.

"Stab me," I whispered when Colby opened his mouth to say something. "What?" He scoffed in disbelief.

"I'M NOT TELLING YOU ANYTHING!" I screamed, trying my best to rock myself in the chair.

It took less than a second for him to get the hint and once he did he shook his head, slicing away the rope where my forearm was being held.

The burn of the rope was quickly replaced with the sour feeling of being stabbed. It wasn't a deep wound, and he avoided many important things in my arm that helped with moving my hand so I was grateful for that.

The only way for us to get out of here was to get me to a point where I almost couldn't come back. And that is what I'd get him to do.

"TELL ME," Colby shouted into my face, pressing the blade through my pants and into the skin on my thigh.

One more shake of my head for one more stab, causing me to cry out in pain.

I could see this was taking a toll on Colby. He would never want to hurt me, not for a billion dollars.

His stabs were light, just enough to pierce the skin and make me bleed but not bad enough that I would have permanent injuries as a result.

Colby made it look worse by pretending to use a lot of effort in hurting me, making it look as if he was taking out a year's worth of pain into my body.

I would be alright though. I've already forgiven him.

"Are you ready to talk?" He asked tauntingly, setting the knife in his back pocket, "I'm sure you are by now,"

I let in quick, shaky breaths. The wound in my leg hurt more than I anticipated it would, sending my entire leg to shake almost uncontrollably as blood seeped through my clothes and stuck to my skin.

I shook my head, and when Colby brought out the knife again and looked into my eyes, it was enough for him to know to stop.

We'd done enough damage. He either needs to finish me off or just get me out of here.

I thought I saw him mouth I'm sorry as he wounded his fist back, and I hardly felt the contact of his fist in my face before everything became peaceful.

If only it would stay that way.