Part 10

all men were like that.

they didn't know how to ration out their wine. that is what separates the two genders i do believe. i personally have had a few incidents with the bubbly, golden drink. but the purple alcohol did not make me feel anything after a few glasses. they say it's in the howard blood.

but those other cowards were of no decent of the howard blood. that is what made it so easy. after a large jar, everything would just spill out like the mulberry liquid that was poured into their golden cups. i would then start the rumor, i did have many friends who all lived for the gossip. i think they would all love lady whistledown like their lap dogs.

all the thoughts stayed with me for the entirety of the day. even at dinner, seeing the clear flutes being sipped upon. "victoria are you feeling alright? is the ill feeling back?" colin whispered. he seemed so concerned.

—————————————————————————

"you are in love with her benedict!" colin shouted at his brother. it did not even cross his mind that anyone could hear. 2/3 of the ton was here but they would keep the secret. none of them wanted to be disliked by the bridgerton family.

"and don't try to act a fool i saw you with her. i can even see it in your eyes brother." colin himself didn't know why he was so mad.

benedict just stood there not knowing what to say. over the last few days, his feelings have been changing for the lady in question. "say something!" colin tried to fill the silence.

"what do you want me to say brother? that i don't feel something for her, because i do. and i'm starting to believe she feels the same." he finally found the right words to make his brother shift in position. "i am your older brother colin, remember that." benedict's heels of his boots slammed into the ground as he walked out of the tall timber doors.