Chapter 3 - The VIP Patient

Yujin's POV

Yujin's POV

It's been a few days since I've seen this girl. I don't know who exactly she is, but I want to find out. My busy schedule only makes it harder for me.

Plus, she just keeps running. I wonder if she was from track and field.

Endless rounds around the hospital with patients I'm supposed to be taking care of and recording their charts.

One mistake and I'll get my residency revoked.

Today I'll be visiting one of the coma patients who has been here for quite a while. She's a VIP.

Her name's Kim Minju.

Apparently, she has been here for 3 months. Her father's one of our major investors and she has an older brother in the same business.

Family business. Quite a huge one if we're talking about Korea alone.

They own many brands, famous ones. Those that are recognisable from a distance. Especially foods they are distributing around the country.

You could say they're a very big contributor to the economy.

And last year, she suddenly collapsed in the midst of a lecture. That's what I heard. We have no idea what exactly happened but it was probably the exam period.

Something caused a blood clot in her brain which led to her fainting. After she came here, we realised it was caused by oral contraceptives.

Birth control pills basically. It puts women at risk of ischemic strokes.

I'd say hers is not critical, but she just doesn't wake up. We thought she would after a day or two. Now she's one of the hospital's rarest cases medically.

Especially when she's the daughter of a major investor here.

"Yujin, hurry up. They're all on the way there." Hyewon called me while I quickly took the last bite of my gimbap before dashing out of the lounge with my clipboard.

I tied my hair into a ponytail on the way.

We managed to catch up with the group of professional surgeons and doctors. I get nervous around them, knowing they're the ones in charge of whether I get to stay here or not.

I don't want to do anything that might risk my career. No one wants that.

We slowly made it up to the room. When we entered, the atmosphere was calm with the patient's brother sitting on one of the chairs.

He was dressed in a navy suit. Expected from a businessman.

He goes to the head doctor, Dr Jang, and asks, "Have you guys found the cure for her? Why is she not waking up even after three months? You said there was nothing wrong with her."

He seemed anxious. But not too much.

"Good afternoon Minjun-ssi. I understand that this case isn't fortunate for the family, but we're trying our best. Could you take a seat while I brief you on our research and tests? The others here would be checking on her vitals and charts." Dr Jang motions as they took a seat at the side.