Chapter 16 - Fake Girlfriend Minju & Annoying Yujin

Yujin's POV

I've never seen someone this fascinated about the Namsan Tower. I always thought every person living in Korea would've come here at least once before they turned 18.

Maybe that's just the way I think. People get into relationships around that age and usually come here to write their names on those little locks, wishing their relationships to last.

But in reality, they usually don't.

"You've been here before?" Minju asked, looking away from the sky-high tower. 

"Of course."

"With who?"

"None of your business." I pulled her to walk. She always has many questions.

Makes me think if she was a cat in the past. Too curious.

"Chaewon?" She brought up while we entered the sliding glass doors.

Not wanting her to keep questioning, I hummed.

"You said you guys didn't date," she mumbled, admiring the endless array of screens displaying the heartlands of Korea.

"We didn't. She just brought me here."

"Why?"

"To hang out," I whispered when there were many people around queuing for the lift.

"Hang out." she scoffed. "Only couples come here. You told me that."

That was the first and last time I'd ever been here. Not until now.

The only difference is how I won't get ditched in the middle of nowhere just because someone had work to do.

We entered the lift, slowly getting pushed to the corner. These couples really can't wait for their turn to get on.

"Can you move in?" I heard a voice behind me.

I looked at Minju who was stuck in the very corner. I inched forward. She's small so it's fine. My hand slipped off from hers but nothing happened since our bodies were still in contact.

I accidentally held onto her waist. "Sorry. It's a little—"

She grabbed my hand and made me hold onto the steel bar behind her. She then pulled on my shirt to make me go closer.

This is too close.

I tilted my head up, looking elsewhere and felt her hand touching my stomach. Why is it staying there?

It's a little ticklish. I honestly don't really like people touching me but I'm fine with her. It's just—

"Do you like me?"

I looked down, almost hitting her head with my chin. She looks up, gazing straight into my eyes.

"Your heartbeat's just extremely fast whenever you're with me." She chuckles. Who gave her the ability to do that?

I should sue the person or god.

I leaned into her ear and whispered, "Anxiety issues."

She gave me a confused frown. There are a lot of people here.

"I thought you made that up because of that guy on the bus," she said.

Why is this lift taking so long?

"But it's interesting to hear everything clearly."

If what I'm feeling is what she's hearing, the endless thumps of my heart would be so annoying.