Chapter 23 - New Discovery

Yujin's POV

I didn't know sleeping on the couch could be a comfortable thing. I stretched my arms, opening my eyes to see Minju just sitting on the floor, looking at me.

"Hm? What are you doing here?" I blinked, still feeling a little groggy.

"Where else am I supposed to go?" Right.

I slowly sat up, staring into blank space before looking at her. "Did you sit there the whole night?"

She nods. So she watched me sleep. Great.

I took the blanket away. Why was there a blanket? I don't recall taking it last night.

"You didn't set an alarm."

I scratched my head. "I don't have other schedules today." I gathered my hair, putting it into a ponytail.

"Your off day?" I nodded and walked to the bathroom.

"Then what are you doing here? You could've just gone home yesterday."

I washed my hands. "There's not much of a difference," I said and splashed cold water on my face.

"Are you going home?" I heard her ask as I reached for the small towel.

I wiped my face halfway to see her standing a foot away from the door. "Do you want to come with me?" I tossed the towel into the basket, seeing her eyes light up.

I don't know why I asked that. But she likes going places she has never been.

Why do I have a feeling she already had that in her mind?

She answered with the brightest smile instead. I walked out, gathering the pieces of paper and placing them neatly in the file I had.

"You live alone?" she asked, sitting on the couch.

"Yup." I closed the laptop, sliding it into the cover. "My parents live in Daejeon."

"That's 2 hours away," Minju said.

I hummed, putting everything nicely on the table. It's been long since I've been home. I always stay in the hospital for convenience.

They have everything here, so why not?

"Then where do you live?" she asked.

I grabbed my coat, draping it over my arm. "One of the apartments nearby," I said. "Should I just stay here?"

She stood up and said, "No, let's go."

"But—"

"I'll be fine." she tried pulling me towards the door. Why is she so excited? Even I'm not excited to head home. I'm worried something might happen.

"We can't risk anything."

"I want to watch Netflix."

She wants to what?

"The tv here doesn't have it." she pouts. "And AOS has already finished airing."

"AOS? What's that?"

"The drama. Alchemy of Souls," she said. "I've been wanting to watch it for ages so let's just go to your place. You have Netflix, right?"

"No." I don't watch dramas.

"I can just log in to mine." she starts dragging me out of the room.

"If you want to watch it, you can just do it on my phone." I stopped walking.

She tugs on my arm again. "It's more comfortable with a tv."

I gave it a thought. She has three more days, it shouldn't be that big of an issue.