Chapter 19 - Drunk Ghost

Yujin's POV

I knocked on Minju's room door, opening it slightly. "Kim Minju," I called out while opening it a little wider. She wasn't near her bed.

"Here." I turned to the wardrobe.

"What are you doing?" I walked in, watching her flip through her stuff. Mostly clothes.

"I'm sick of being in a hospital gown," she said.

I chuckled and went beside her. "You could've done this sooner."

"Didn't find the need to." She pulls out a white crop top and shorts.

"Who are you trying to impress? No one can see you. Only me."

"Exactly." She swapped the shorts for skinny jeans.

I don't know what she meant by that.

"Aren't you tired of bringing a patient around with you? Wearing this stupid thing all day." she tugs on her shirt.

I leaned against the table. "I didn't see you as a patient."

She looks at me. "Then what do you see me as?"

Am I supposed to answer that question? She probably got the wrong idea.

"I mean, I just see you as you. It didn't matter what you wear." I shrugged.

She points her finger at me. "This is why you're single." she shakes her head.

"What's that—How does that even..."

"You basically just said you won't notice if your girlfriend makes an effort to dress up for you. She'll be sad." She warns me. Why is she even telling me this as if she cared about what I think?

"You wouldn't know what my girlfriend would think." I folded my arms, ignoring whatever she said.

"That's if you manage to get one."

Oh, I just want to kill her myself. Why am I even doing all this in the first place? Now she's treating me like some kid, teasing me whenever she likes.

"You're just going to sit there?" She closes the wardrobe with clothes in her hands.

"What?"

She lifts her arms hands slightly. Ah, she wants to change.

"Just do it here. Who wants to look at you?" She just stares at me. "Fine, I'll close my eyes."

I did what I said and waited for her to be done. Honestly, I just looked at the ground. Serves the same purpose. Why is she so concerned anyway?

"I can hear you," she said.

That's when I realise my heart was pounding against my chest. Do I have heart disease? It has been happening way too often.

"Just hurry up."

"I'm done." That was fast.

I lifted my head to see her not wearing a hospital gown. That's a first. She's right, hospital gowns are a little—they remind me too much of the hospital.

I probably just didn't mind her wearing them because I thought she couldn't change out.

Not saying this isn't nice.

I didn't realise she was standing right in front of me when she said, "You're pretty red."

"You're pretty." I softly gasped out without thinking. "Oh—wait." Did I say that?

She snickers. "I know I'm pretty, but are you okay?" she tries reaching for my face but I held onto her wrist.

"Don't get ahead of yourself. I was going to say you're pretty insane for wearing this. You going to a club or what? Why do you have to wear a crop top? Who are you trying to attract?"