Chapter 28 - A Second Chance

Minju's POV

There are many things I haven't told her but I plan to tell her along the way. Things that can't be said within a day because it'll take years for her to find out.

I wasn't actually supposed to remember everything we did.

Before I entered my body, The One told me we had two choices. 

To be forgotten, or to forget. That applies to people we meet when we're in a comatose state.

I chose to forget.

That's because I know I'll come to remember who she is. Not the girl I met in the hospital, but the girl I met when I was 13.

There was no guarantee she could remember me from long ago.

So, it didn't sound too bad to me.

And just when I thought I had forgotten everything, something happened.

Like a miracle.

I didn't know how I came to remember what we did, and who she was. But the moment I saw her cry in front of me, and the words she said, it felt as if a part of my memory got unlocked.

I wasn't supposed to remember, but I did. It's like the deities gave us a second chance.

And I'm more than grateful for that.

"You're not going to pick up your phone?" We're on the bus, heading to the beach for her little party.

Yujin just kept on staring at me with her phone ringing for the past ten minutes. Is her arm not tired of holding the IV bag?

I shifted her elbow to rest on my shoulder.

"It's okay, they'll wait," she said.

"Aren't you the main event?"

"Not when there's you." she smiles so sweetly I might have trouble breathing.

Flustered, I tickled her stomach. I don't think she'll ever stop staring at me, not that I want her to.

I glanced at the camera she brought. The one I gifted her. Well, there was a letter in the box, but I don't think we had enough time for that.

"So we're just going to be friends in front of them?" she asks, reaching for my hand.

"What kind of story do you have when they ask how we met? Wonyoung would be the first to find things weird." she played with my fingers.

Right, that's her best friend.

"How long have you known her?" She holds onto my hand as if she were going for a handshake. Her other's busy holding the stupid IV drip.

"All my life." she chuckles, rubbing her thumb across the back of my hand.

"Let's just tell them that you're my senior. And that I realised you were after you woke up." she hums for my agreement.

That could work. "Hyewon?"

"She doesn't remember you." she shakes her head. "She was a bookworm and had zero friends."

"You are."

"I'm probably her only friend." She says it so confidently. "Okay, then we'll go with that. You're my senior."

"As if you treat me like one."

"To them you are, to me you're not." she dimple smiles.

"Then what am I to you?"

She hums, feigning ignorance. "Someone stupid." I immediately drilled my fist into her leg.