Chapter 12 - The Issue

Yujin's POV

I entered the CT scanning room, getting some things ready. Prior to this, I went looking for Minju but I couldn't find her. 

It was as if she disappeared into thin air. I asked Nako who was around the coma room, but she didn't see her either.

Hyewon's about to bring her body in for the scan while I'm here, thinking of reasons why Minju isn't talking to me or annoying me in any way. I know why, but it's just that I can't find her.

I miss how she'd just appear out of nowhere during the least predictable timings. I ever wonder how she finds out where I am.

I flinched when the door creaked open. "Yujin."

I stood up and helped Hyewon with the bed, pushing it to the other side of the room where the machine is.

"Where are you?" I whispered, transferring Minju's body onto the table.

I thought she'd be here to witness what I'm about to find out. It may be good, but it may be bad.

But mostly it'll tell me why she's not waking up. This scan would show a full image of the insides of her body, from her brain to her toes.

If there's something, I'll be able to point it out quickly.

I walked back to the small room with Hyewon following. "How'd you manage to convince her brother?"

"I used my medical talk," I spoke without looking at her, clicking the computer and fumbling with the machine.

"Chaewon let you do all this yourself?"

"Nope."

"Then—"

"Don't tell anyone about this." I looked at Hyewon who seemed shocked. "Yah, she's a VIP—"

"But her brother approved of it. I'm fine."

I only asked Hyewon to help me because she's someone I can trust not to spread false information around. Plus, I have a feeling she finds it weird that Minju hasn't been in a full scan for her situation.

This whole thing just spells fishy.

She kept quiet while the scan commences. It took a while before the complete imaging was done.

I looked at the computer. First her brain.

Hyewon points out the middle. "Here. There's something." I looked closely, noticing that there was a white spot. It was a tumour.

"This wasn't detected earlier?" My eyebrows slowly knitted together. "It could have developed after they did the scans," Hyewon said. Right, that's a possibility.

That's one.

I moved on to her lungs and heart. "Unnie, can you show me her past medicine reports?"

Hyewon passed me a file as I flipped through it. This document includes recent drugs that have gone into her body.

Did they really miss this out? "She has no diabetes but is on Metformin?" I looked at Hyewon who hummed.

"25g?" I questioned, absolutely stunned. The maximum amount one should take is 3 grams a day. She's getting 25 grams? 

Metformin is a medication that lowers the blood sugar of the human body, usually for those with type 2 diabetes. Too much of it causes her blood sugar to get too low, putting her into a coma. But currently, Minju's health history has zero traces of diabetes.

It's honestly possible that Minju did this herself since it looks like it has been in her body for quite a while. By a while, I mean an estimated 3 to 4 months.