Chapter 27 - Everything

Yujin's POV

Birthdays have always been the happiest thing. It gets people together after a long time, having fun and all.

Once a year, friends and family remove all obligations for a day to go to places just to spend time together and celebrate.

But this year's a little different. Who am I kidding? I didn't feel the excitement of turning a year older when I always did.

I didn't want to do anything, didn't want to go anywhere, and didn't feel like talking to people whom I have loved all my life.

I just didn't know how to continue with what I had always done without her.

3 months. I've only known her for 3 months. And yet, the people that come unknowingly are the people whom you want to stay.

Except for the fact that they've completely erased you from their mind.

"I'll finally get some rest because of you." Yena pushed my shoulder. "You get a year older, and I get to sleep in the next day after you get me drunk."

We're walking down the hallway after tending to some patients.

"I don't get you drunk. You voluntarily get drunk." I scoffed.

"I heard Minju-ssi's recovering fast." she brought up. "All because of you." she poked my arm.

Well, Minju can do most things on her own now. Unlike other patients who tend to recover slower after waking up from a coma.

Usually, it takes a few weeks for them to do everyday things. But her? It has only been less than a week and she's walking around like she hasn't been in a coma for six months.

"That means you're going to get a bonus at the end of this year." Yena started getting excited. "But I can't wait for tonight. I haven't been to the beach in so long."

"Yeah, you're not pushing me in this time."

"I'm so doing it."

I shook my head. Honestly, I didn't feel like celebrating anything. I thought I'll be able to do so with her. That was one thing I looked forward to when she wakes up.

We reached the resident's lounge. "I'll see you later at 7." she pats my back.

I stepped into the room, stretching my back when I heard Hyewon saying, "Someone left that for you." she points to my table.

It was a paper bag. "Who?" I walked to my desk, peeking inside to see a white box. A little big to hold with one hand.

She shrugs. "It was already here when I came in." But she turns around. "A secret admirer?" I threw a random eraser at her nonsense before sitting down.

"They know it's your birthday today. What a keeper."

I ignored her, taking the box out. My parents don't send things here, they don't know how to.

And everyone I know wouldn't just leave stuff like this without telling me.

"You can check the CCTV if you want," Hyewon said.

But I didn't need to when I saw what it was. And I've only ever told one other person about how much I wanted this.

An FM2 film camera.

There's no way.

My legs made me leave the room before I could let my mind run. With every step I took, hope fills me up.

It didn't matter who I ran into, but I just had to get to the room. This is the fastest my heart has ever beaten.

But it wasn't too fast that I had to throw up.