Chapter 20 - Mistake

Yujin's POV

"Who were you out drinking with yesterday?"

I rubbed the back of my neck as Hyewon sat opposite me. We started our shifts not long ago and I woke up from a throbbing headache.

She passed me some liquid hangover supplements. "You knew you have a morning shift today and still." she shakes her head while I chugged the small bottle.

"It just happened," I said.

Hyewon sighs before leaning closer to me. "I heard Minju-ssi's brother got into a fight last night. At the hospital's carpark."

Fight? Her brother?

"Who? Why?"

She shrugs. "The VIP patient. I don't know if it's true. The nurses said they saw it. He was with another man." she sips on her coffee.

"I thought you would know since you're around her a lot."

"Around who?"

"Minju-ssi. Jesus Yujin, wake up. You're in charge of her."

"Well...not totally." Who could her brother be fighting with? "But what was the fight about?"

"How would I know? I'm not interested in drama," she said.

It can't be what I'm thinking about, right?

I stood up. "I'll get going first."

"So fast?" I pushed the chair and nodded.

I have to go find Minju. Maybe she knows something. But she was asleep.

I'll try Nako. 

I went toward the coma room. I looked around to make sure there weren't any people around.

Nako's sitting there as always. She saw me and waved.

I went to her and sat beside her. "Where's Minju?" she asked me.

"You didn't run into her?" She shook her head. Weird.

"Did you see what happen yesterday night?"

"Yesterday?" I nodded.

"What happened yesterday?"

"People are saying there was a fight at the carpark. What's that about?"

"Ohh that?" She knows something. "I did see two guys arguing while I was doing my night walk." They sure love walking around.

"Do you know who they are?"

"Nope, probably some drunkards." she shakes her head. "But does it have something to do with Minju?"

"Why do you say so?"

"I heard one of them shouting her name." she folds her arms. "I think they're fighting over her. They were quite good-looking, not gonna lie. Minju's pretty too."

Something's wrong here. Who's going after Minju? I can only think of one person.

"Yeah, I know. She's pretty, but I'll go find out." I stood up, wanting to leave.

"Tell me if you know anything!"

I jogged towards the lift that leads up to the VIP level. I don't want things to happen when we're so close to the end.

Before I could go anywhere further, I saw Minju walking down the hallway. She looked a little slow. The way she was walking was slower than usual.

I pointed to the door that leads to the stairs. There are too many people here.