Chapter 17 - One Step Closer

Yujin's POV

The deal we made the other day was probably the best thing that has ever happened this year.

Every single day, right after I end my shifts, Minju would be standing right outside the loft door, waiting.

Wondering what we did?

She made a whole list that looked impossible to complete within a short time span.

Of course, there were restrictions since I couldn't let go of her.

Karaoke. She went insane, just saying.

Going to the movies just so she could experience crying in the theatre. Not sure why she wanted to but I spent half the time laughing at her.

We were watching a cartoon. Wreck-it-Ralph. How does one cry for that movie?

Anyway. We went cafe hopping. She didn't get to do those much since she's always having weird classes.

I know I said I wanted to challenge her to things, but those include taekwondo, ice skating, and ballet. We can't do that.

Or more like I can't.

But we went ice skating. And I can't ice skate for shit. It was scary though, at least she was there or my ass would've split.

This made me realise I can't do a lot of things. It's a little embarrasing. Why did I challenge her to do things I can't do?

Let me just list down more things.

Painting, walking around malls, taking the cable car when she's afraid of heights, going for a picnic and the amusement park.

We did almost everything possible. It was fun, but tiring. But more fun.

I'm glad she doesn't have access to her phone or she would've taken a video of me crying after going through the haunted house.

It was scary, okay? These are the ghosts that are scary.

Although I'm holding onto her the whole time. She has to know not all ghosts, ghouls, or beasts look like her.

The one thing I dislike is not being able to take photos with her. If I do, I'd be alone. Just me and whatever's around me.

But I did something. Remember the tiny fox keychain? That little guy's a stand-in for her. She does look like a fox with her sharp ears.

At least I'd know where I am with who.

Enough about those. What's happening now is in a few minutes, I would be facing her father.

To tell him everything about Mingyu and what he's trying to do.

Even if it might or would affect his business, I think it's best for him to know.

Minju has been keeping this entire issue about their relationship from practically everyone.

But this is a matter of life and death. She's fine with it, at least trying to be.

She doesn't want to disappoint her parents again after her one dream of wanting to be an idol. Although she gave up on it.

"You ready?" I asked Minju who took in a deep breath. We're standing in front of her ward and her father's in there to visit.