Chapter 22 - Watching Her

Minju's POV

All she has been doing is studying for the past few days. She'll be on the couch, using the coffee table, sometimes slipping onto the floor when her back hurts.

I did try convincing her she could do it in the lounge where she had an actual table but she didn't want to leave me alone. I don't know whether to be happy or feel bad that she's doing all this for me.

And now she's doing the exact same thing, sitting on the floor with a laptop in front of her and stacks of papers at the side.

Some were on the floor but it's the only space she has.

"Why don't you wear your glasses often?" She looks at me, raising an eyebrow.

My fingers reached over and took them off. The real one stayed on her.

"I did lasik two years ago. This is just to reflect blue light." she continues writing stuff in her notebook.

I wore the circular glasses. They had no degree. "You look cute with glasses though," I said as she looks at me and starts laughing.

"What are you doing?"

I hummed. "It's not that bad," she said and leaned closer to me.

She asks, "Are you having fun?"

"Yes." I have nothing to do.

She pushed my forehead. "Go and do something. Don't disturb me."

"I'm not doing anything to you."

"You're distracting me," she said. How am I even distracting her?

I shifted away from her, giving her space. "Okay?"

She shook her head lazily and went back to doing her work.

"What are you even studying anyway?" I peeked a little and read things I didn't understand.

I take business as my major.

"I'm studying things out of my field because of you." She made it sound like a complaint. "Or for you." That sounds a little nicer.

Her phone suddenly rings. She stopped it and stood up. "Where are you going?" I watched as she went over to the bed.

"Changing your drip," she said and took the bag off the hook, reaching for a new one in the trolley.

She sets an alarm for that? So that's why I kept hearing it every few hours.

I went to her, observing what she does. She attaches a new bag to the stand. "It's going to take another week before all the Aspirin gets out of your body," she said, adjusting the amount of IV entering.

"Another week?" she nods, reaching for the towel on the tray. This is taking longer than I expected.

"I'll just have to keep doing this until the day of your surgery." she smiles, walking around me and going to the bathroom.

I followed her. She filled a small bucket with water and came back out.

"Why do you keep following me?" She sat on the small chair and wrung out the towel. "Sit down." she snickers, going ahead to wipe my face.

"Because all I can do is follow you." I sat on the floor, crossing my legs toward my body and looking up.

"Do you watch dramas?" I asked, fiddling with the bedsheet. I just realised I've never asked her anything about her before. It's always related to the hospital or whatever's happening.

"Dramas?" I hummed in response.

She thinks while wiping my arm. "I don't really have the time for that." Right, med school students are studying around the clock.