...to the moon and back

You remembered how it happened. But you couldn't remember what happened after.

Once the Quinjet had significantly dropped upon reaching the end of the stratosphere,  Carol used her powers and began lifting the jet, propelling it into the outer space at maximum speed.

You only had yourself less than two minutes before you suddenly felt something strange going through inside your body. It started with your hands glowing warm yellow against the consoles of the jet, making you abruptly stand from your seat.

You didn't know if it was the pressure and lack of oxygen that was making you stop breathing or because your chest was already constricting on its own. There was an excruciating pain coursing through your veins until it reached the farthest part of your brain. The hurt caused your eyes to shut tight as you kneeled down on the floor, groaning loudly close to a scream.

Blinding light surrounded you after that. And then there was oblivion. Or what you thought you could remember.

At first, you could only see utter darkness. Nothing but empty dark space before you. Your eyes suddenly caught something from a distance and you figured you could make out a distant light shining ahead. Your feet instinctively walked towards it, moving closer to the light that kept on shining brighter until it was already within reach.

However, a familiar angelic voice ringing inside your head, somewhat calling your name, made you turn back to find the source. But you couldn't find it as you realized you were aimlessly walking around absolute darkness.

When you turned to look back to where you came from, the light was already gone. There was just nothing for too long. It must had been hours or day, you had no idea, when finally, voices reached your ears, making you cautiously stand up.

"Wow, I never thought I'd actually see her in person," an unfamiliar voice spoke, making you frown in confusion. You couldn't see anyone. You just heard voices out of nowhere. "I mean, even in outer space, she has a famed reputation-"

"Shut it, Narya," someone growled behind her. "Quit on targetting innocent SHIELD agents."

"Do you think she can hear us?"

"Maybe, if her consciousness is awake... Regardless, she must rest now to recuperate... So, skeddadle all of you..."

You jolted awake to the sound of screeching metal and a clang against the floor. Your eyes immediately noticed you weren't in SHIELD's accommodation nor in the Avengers' compound. Lines of monitors and empty white beds surrounding you made you remember the facility from HYDRA. You found yourself dressed in what seemed to be a hospital gown, with wires sticking to each part of your skin that were connected to the monitors and devices beside you. A sudden noise outside the room made the hairs at the back of your neck stood.

"What the hell were you doing, fixing the airway near the infirmary?!" It would appear as if the other one was being scolded for the screeching noise that you heard earlier.

On instinct, you straightened up to a sit and pulled the wires off from your body. A wrong move on your part, because the machine beside you produced a tone that sounded like an alarm, beeping relentlessly.

"I told you! You would wake her up!"

"Sorry!"

Two strangers entered the room, making you jump from the bed. You immediately grabbed the nearest item you could find for self defense. A pillow.

"Who are you?!" Your voice croaked, as if you hadn't used it for a long time. You quickly assessed the situation, where you could make a quick exit if they turned out to be the bad guys.