Meramon X Reader - Partners

(Y/N)'s POV...

I was transported somewhere strange. I was just walking down the street before a big flash of light appeared and it felt like I was being sucked somewhere else. I tried to grab to something but nothing worked. It felt like I blacked out.

When I opened my eyes I saw the new surroundings. I was just on the street, walking past a crowd of people. Now, I am in a field with a bunch of bushes and trees around the area too. I stood up and looked around to see some moving creatures. They looked like plants and very weird blobs? I never heard of these monsters. That was until I saw a river. I decided to run over to the river and saw the glitches in it, and I was just confused. Even though I should stay in my position, I chose to follow the river to see where it could possibly lead to.

---

I ended up finding a waterfall and perfectly calm water around it. I sat down and looked at the falling water and the large flying creatures above me, but something about the large part of water caught my eye. There was something orange down there.

"Huh?" I decided to walk down the steep-ish banking and walking towards the mysterious thing and noticed it was alive. A fire monster which was like 2 foot taller than me? "What are you?"

"Ugh..." The thing opened its eyes. They were pure dark blue all over. No iris, but like some white spot in both eyes. Is it the pupil? It was kind of creepy. "H-Help..." The monster groaned and raised a hand. He looked like he was made of pure fire, so I looked to see that half of his body was steaming from the water and he looked badly injured so the water probably isn't helping.

"Y-You're made of fire..." I did not want to touch him, but I'll feel bad for letting him stay injured here, so I sucked in my fear and grabbed his hand and wrist with my hands and he was warm, but not as hot as I thought. Can he control how hot he is? Or is it because the water is making him so much cooler than usual? "I got you..." I whispered and dragged him up the slope and saw a nearby cave and started to drag him inside. When we were under the shelter of the cave, I layed him down and started to gather materials to create a fire to warm his body up. Sure, he was made of fire, but he didn't feel that hot due to the water. Well... That's what I think anyway. The creature groaned and looked at me. I hope he is thankful and won't attack me for saving his life.

---

I managed to light a small fire next to him as he moved his hand into the fire and hummed and fell asleep. When he did this, the fire did light brighter and it was bigger than what I had done. I had no idea where I was, what these creatures are, and I have saved a strange fire monster.

---

Morning~

I woke up to see the Digimon now sat up and burning brightly.

End of (Y/N)'s POV...

"What are you?" Was the first question that came out of (Y/N)'s mouth. He shifted, arm on his one knee as he leaned against the cave wall.

"I am a Digimon. You must be one of those humans all those Digimon are talking about." The creature responded which shocked her. "I can talk a lot when I am not in a bad state or mood." He chuckled. "My name is Meramon, and I owe you my thanks for saving me from staying cold."

"Meramon? Digimon? Hmm..." (Y/N) crossed her arms and started to think. "I have heard of Digimon before, but never saw one before now." She smiled. "And I am glad I found a friendly one." She chuckled which made him gasp a little to how she isn't scared of him. "Cool name."

"How did you end up here? Are you one of the Digi-Destined?" He asked, now curious of the girl.

"I don't know what a "Digi-Destined" is. Wait... Are you telling me that they're a bunch of kids with these... Digimon?"

"Correct. I met them myself when I was attacked by a black gear a few months back." He explained. "I have no idea what has become of them now, but I am sure they're stopping trouble still." Meramon stood up and groaned and fell to one knee, the side of his left, upper leg had a deep cut in, showing visible data marks and some digital, blue blood dried on his flaming leg. "Ow..." He groaned and she ran over to him and went to sit him down, but he hand burnt.

"Ow ow ow ow!" She ran out of the cave and slipped into the water by accident, but helped her hand cool right down. "Aah..."

"Hey! Back off!" Another Digimon roared and stared down at her with a snarl.

"H-Huh!?" (Y/N) gasped and saw a wild MegaSeadramon but she didn't know what it was. The MegaSeadramon went to bite her, but she just about dodged hit and tried to run off, but slipped into the water since she was soaked and it made the mud slippery. "H-HELP!" She yelled and covered herself, waiting for the moment of her end to come, but it never did. When she opened her eyes, she saw Meramon above her, holding MegaSeadramon's mouth opened, trying to burn it, but since the large Digimon was Aqua/Water type so the fire was not as effective. The MegaSeadramon growled and threw Meramon away with ease, making him crash into the wall next to the waterfall. "MERAMON!" (Y/N) yelled and quickly ran to him and panted when she saw how wounded he was. She put a hand on his arm, and noticed he was a lot cooler now. He opened his eyes and smiled a little at her before seeing MegaSeadramon.

Meramon pulled her into him and held her protectively as MegaSeadramon got them both in its mouth, but screamed in pain when a sudden light occured, making him drop the two.

"Huh!?" The MegaSeadramon gasped when he saw BlueMeramon holding the unconscious human. "H-How!?"

"You leave her alone!" BlueMeramon layed her down and ran to the Digimon and kicked his butt without giving him a chance to attack back. This scared the Digimon off eventually as BlueMeramon stood on the ground, looking at his now blue form. "I digivolved... But how could I...?" He then looked over to the girl and saw a little light above her. "Huh?" He walked over to the small light, but he turned back into normal orange Meramon again. "This is one of them Digivices..." Realization then kicked him. "I have a partner!?" He was happy, but had no clue what to do. This girl has no idea about anything on Digimon, let along Meramon in general. He requires a lot of stuff to keep at full strength.

"Ugh..." (Y/N) groaned. "I-I'm alive..." She looked at her hands to see some cuts but nothing major to cause real problems. "M-Meramon!?" She sat up and looked around to see him holding the small device. "Y-You're okay!"

"I am." He nodded and sat down next to her. "Here. This belongs to you."

"What is it?" (Y/N) examined the device carefully and looked at the fire monster for answers.

"I believe it is a Digivice. These indicates that we're partners. Human and Digimon partners." He explained, only recalling the Digi-Destined and their Digivices and Digimon. "However, we barely know each other and you don't know anything about Digimon."

"That doesn't mean I can't look after my partner." She smiled and shifted closer and patted his shoulder, not burning her hand at all now. "If we're partners, that means we'll look after each other and always be together as much as we can."

"I suppose that is true." Meramon smiled and looked at the sky. "What's your name by the way?"

"Oh my- Where are my manners!?" She chuckled in embarressment. "My name is (Y/N) (L/N), but just call me (Y/N) and I am thirteen years old." She held her hand out to him for a shake. He grabbed her hand and shook it.

"I am Meramon, and I am... Uh..." He started to thinking, still holding her hand in the shaking form. "I think I am five years old? Not sure, I don't keep track."

"Five, huh?" (Y/N) smirked and started to scratch under his chin. His eyes widened and he hummed and closed his eyes, enjoying the feeling. "So you're a child in our years then."

"I AM NOT A CHILD!" He yelled, acting offended, but was messing around. "How dare you call me a child!? That is rude!"

"Woah! Calm down, buddy!" Meramon chuckled and hugged her gently, making her gasp.

"Thank you for saving my life and being my partner..."

"You're welcome, Meramon."