{Prologue}

A seventeen year old boy with black hair and bright red, dyed stripes and baby blue eyes, dressed in a plain black button down and a pair of dress pants and shoes, stood before the mirror.

Kai Matthew, the second eldest of the three children from the Matthew Pack, led by Keith Matthew, the alpha, and his Luna, Aurora Matthew, now an alpha and formerly a healer.

Kai let out a troubled growl as he fumbled with his red and black striped tie.

He didn't bother turning around as he heard the bathroom door open and close next to him.

He inhaled the sweet musky forest scent of his younger brother, Tracer, often called Trace as it's easier to pronounce, had walked in and chuckled as he saw him struggle.

He had blonde dyed hair, his hair is normally black-brownish, as their father had black hair and their mother brown hair.

"wow, Kai, can't even tie your own tie?" he grinned, putting his hand on his older brothers shoulder to turn him around.

His hand fiddled with the tie until it was fixed, Trace himself was wearing a dark blue button down and dress pants and shoes, wearing a matching blue and black striped tie.

He also wore a necklace, a gift from their older brother, it was a golden necklace with a golden waning crescent moon.

"your hair looks like a rats-nest." the blonde commented dryly, Kai huffed, his eyes glowing a menacing red to show his displeasure at his comment.

Tracers own eyes glowed bright golden back, despite his rank as healer, he could defy his brother without consequences.

"here, bend down."

Kai sunk down slightly, he was taller than tracer, as he was 6,3 and tracer was 5,8.

His brother went to grab a comb and started fixing his hair, carefully combing through it before starting to style it.

He combed the front of his hair up and used his hand to hold it there while he combed his hair towards the front of his head.

He grabbed a bit of gel and started to fumble with his hair, making it a bit messy but styled too.

The front was combed up, the tips had small spikes and his remaining hair met at that point, messy, spiked but styled.

"there, now let's go before mom and dad decide to make us go without breakfast." Tracer said, washing his hands and putting the comb and gel away.

Both of them made their way downstairs, their trained ears picking up the pups running around the yard.

The Matthew Pack wasn't your typical pack, they had three pack houses, set in a U form.

A park was located in the middle of them, where alot of the pack members like to play basketball, as there was a court in the park.

At the gates of the territory, a broad stone road went straight and smaller stone paths served to different angles.

The broad, straight road led up to the pack houses, right across from the road, you had the pack house that the Matthew family stayed in.

They shared their pack house with the betas, elders and pups, at least the pups that had chosen to stay in the pack house.

They had maids and kitchen staff, although they only took care of the pups, betas and elders, they had a large eating hall while the Matthew's sometimes joined them or stayed in a smaller dining room.

The stone path veered all around the park, and to the right you had the healer pack house.

It was basically a hospital, which is where the healers lived, treated patients and took care of the pack.