two

Tw:abuse

As darkness fell upon the city, moon shined, strong light allowed Jungkook to see his step. The sky was filled with small clouds, light wind moving them along in the moons direction.

Jungkook shivered at the cold and rubbed his arms, his teeth chattering. The hoodie he had on wasn't thick enough to keep him warm the early spring. He walked a lone path, past houses with loud laughing coming from them.

Jungkook looked down sadly but kept going. He was almost late to his part time job. A bright light lit up his face, the boy squinting his eyes a bit. A neon green sign of the gas station informed him he's at the right place.

He ran inside, the cold finally gone. The Bell of the automatic door alarmed a woman in a classic gas station uniform, standing behind the counter counting money with boredom on her face.

"Oh Jungkook you're finally here. I was waiting forever." She said annoyed, pushing the cash register close. She took off the uniform, black shirt underneath messed up.

She threw the shirt at him who instantly put it on.

"Now, don't dissapoint everyone like last time. If they find out some cash disappeared again I'll be in trouble." She lit a cigarette, glaring at Jungkook who gulped.

"I'm sorry, I had to that time. I won't do it again I promise..." Suddenly he got grabbed by the collar, face to face with his coworker.

"Yeah you better. Damn kid, wait for your paycheck." She let him go, extinguished the cigarette by stomping it to the ground and left, leaving Jungkook with his own thoughts.

He sweeped the dirt and stood behind the counter, waiting patiently for any customers.

Not long after he stood there, an overweight man with a trucker shirt on stepped inside, face scrunched in disgust when seeing the boy.

"Hello sir, your total is 106$." Jungkook said shyly, the trucker looking at him all high and mighty. Jungkook got scared for a second, his body visibly shivering.

The man didn't say anything but took out his wallet and took out some bills. Jungkook took them unsure and counted them, giving him the change from his 200 bill.

"Thank you, come again." He kept looking down. The man left with a huff. Jungkook didn't know he was holding his breath until the man left. A night shift at a gas station was dangerous with all the truck drivers and alcoholics. The memory of him getting attacked by a homeless man with a broken bottle flashed in his mind, suddenly wary.

But money was the first priority. Food was the close second. The store was quiet, no cars stopping by to pump the gas in their tanks, so instead he went down to the storage room and snacked on a bag of shrimp chips.

After eating them and getting rid of the chip bag, he came back up only to find out someone broke the window. This is bad, what if they stole something? He didn't have time to check security footage, instead he called the police.

Not a few minutes after he heard the sirens. He fiddled with his fingers, watching the surroundings with his heart beating fast. He's sure he'll get yelled at for not being more cautious. He always gets yelled at for anything that happens.

The police came inside,  checking the situation. "Hello, what happened sir?"

"I don't know. I was in the storage room...restocking and when I came back the window was broken."

"Did you check security cameras?"

"N-no I was afraid they could steal so I stayed." The police officer nodded taking out a notepad while the other one went to analyze the damage. "Okay, do you have the number of the owner?"