one

A small classroom filled with students talking and laughing along with eachother sat in the right end of the hallway. As the bell rung to advise them of the start of a lunch break.

As people started leaving, a hand landed on a boy's shoulder who jumped up a bit from surprise. His eyes stayed focused upfront, careful not to make eye contact.

"Are you going to be begging for lunch this time too Jeon?" The boy above chuckled, looking down at him with a playful glint. Jungkook didn't respond, he gulped slightly, scared to even take a side look up.

"Hey hurry or we'll get last in line!"

The boy took one last look at Jungkook and let his arm fall off his shoulder. Without any other words he left. Jungkook finally looked up, the classroom empty and quiet to give him time to think.

Yes, I'll be begging you for lunch again. He sighed to himself, feeling pathetic thinking like this. What else am I supposed to do? Starve?

With that in mind, he stood up and walked towards the cafeteria, fiddling with his hoodie sleeves. His thin legs almost kept him up and eyes with dark circles barely stayed open, head spinning from dehydration.

He walked down the set of stairs, teachers walking past him unbothered by his pale sick face. It took him a few minutes until he reached the lunch room with students leaving and walking in, pushing him aside.

He whined silently before walking in, immediately freezing seeing the amount of people in there. He started panicking silently, trying to control his breathing.

It's okay, they don't care about you, they aren't looking.

He pat his hoodie pockets then shuffled in them. But all he got was lint and old paper tissues. Another person bumped into him, causing him to stumble and hit a plate rack trolley, the plates clanking against the metal loudly catching people's attention, their eyes on him.

Jungkook pushed himself away from the trolley, facing the wall, eyebrows softened and someone spoke to him.

"Try not to stand in the way next time." The boy who pushed him away spoke in a teasing voice, as if looking down at him.

Jungkook finally looked at him, gulping softly. "Do...do you have a dollar?"

The boy with black hair laughed, looking at his female friend who smiled. "I do, but you seem not to." Jungkook didn't say anything but kept looking at them, laughing together.

"Can you- um..."

The boy stopped laughing, smile falling once looking back at him.

"Can I borrow? I'll pay you back I promise..." he looked at him with a bit of hope, fumbling with his hoodie sleeves.

"Ha, you wish." His eyes went crazy, smile terrifying. Jungkook stepped back, looking down immediately. "I'm sorry..."

They walked away after, Jungkook hearing them laugh along the way. The growl that left his stomach let him know if he won't eat soon it won't end good.

But he didn't know what to do. He didn't know who'd be willing enough to land him a dollar, because everyone hated him.

Once again he got bumped and decided it wouldn't be reasonable to stand here. Looking around he found out none of the tables were empty, unfortunately.

He took small steps towards the closest table he saw, the students there from lower grades which tend to be nicer. "Um hello, can I sit here?" He held his hands together, a girl with braided hair looking up at him.