ʜᴀʟʟᴜᴄɪɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴ - ᴋɪʀɪɴᴏ ʀᴀɴᴍᴀʀᴜ

A/n im rlly sick rn so this story may be a little confusing 

No one's POV

"He's so amazing, and then there's me.." Kirino muttered to himself, bringing his knees to his chest. "I'm just a stupid defender who just stands there, none of my hissatsu's help the team at all. He has so many hissatsu's, he was also the captain of the team too!" Kirino clenched his fists and frowned. He hadn't noticed the girl sitting next to him, listening to his ranting. She was sat there for about half an hour, listening to him crying. Every time she tried to say something to comfort him, he'd Interrupt her unknowingly. She was fine with that though, he was getting all of his feelings out.

"Kirino.." She whispered, reaching for his hand, but she quickly pulled her hand away from his once she had seen the boy look at her with red, puffy eyes.

"When did you get here..?" He asked. The girl smiled at him.

"Ever since you started ranting about Shindou being the perfect player." She said softly. "You know you're not a bad play, you're actually really good. I've seen all your plays and they're amazing! Sometimes I wish I was as good as you!" The girl said, trying to cheer him up. She earned a small chuckle from the pink-haired boy.

"You think so, Y/n?" He asked quietly, removing his knees from his chest. Y/n nodded. "How come you stopped playing?" Kirino suddenly asked. Y/n shrugged.

"I wasn't good enough to play soccer anymore, so I decided to give up." Y/n replied.

"But you were such a good player! I remember when we used to play soccer and you'd always take the ball from me." Kirino said. Y/n laughed lightly.

"Things change, Kirino." Y/n mumbled. Kirino was confused.

"What do you mean?" Kirino asked.

"I prefer watching people play soccer rather than playing it." Y/n said. Kirino squinted his eyes a little, wondering why the girl has suddenly changed her mind on playing soccer. The excuse she hadn't given him wasn't very good.

"I guess I respect the fact that you prefer watching rather than playing soccer." Kirino replied. Kirino suddenly had a smile on his face. "How about you meet the team again! They haven't seen you in ages!" 

"I don't think that's a good idea—"

"It's perfect! I'm sure they all miss you, whenever I mention your name, they always give me this sad look." Kirino stood up and tried to grab Y/n's hand but she moved it away from him. Y/n took a deep breath in and sighed.

"We can't meet up with them right now." Y/n stated. Kirino frowned.

"But why?" He asked. Y/n turned her head to the alarm clock which was on his nightstand. She pointed to it.

"It's night time, I doubt any of them would be awake right now." Y/n said. Kirino made a 'o' shape with his mouth.

"True.."

"How about tomorrow?" Y/n said. Kirino nodded. Y/n smiled and walked through the opened door. She turned back and looked at Kirino.

"I'm going to leave now, I'll see you there tomorrow?" Y/n said. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Y/n." Kirino replied. As soon as she left, he fell back into his bed. Kirino grabbed his pillow and hugged it. He tried to sleep but he wasn't able too, even though Y/n had comforted him, everything that he had been ranting about before had came back into his head. For the whole night, he just stared at the ceiling. Just as he was about to fall asleep, his alarm clock woke him up. He turned it off and quickly got out of bed, brushing his teeth quickly and skipping breakfast. He grabbed his kit and bag and ran out the house, waving goodbye to his parents