admire ,

bad understood how big of a leap this was over the normal boundaries of any roommates.
but, he also barely cared.
for the past 3 years he'd lived with skeppy, everytime he glanced into the guys room he could barely hold back the urge to clean it. bad was a bit of a neat freak in some peoples eyes, sure. but skeppys room looked like he set off a bomb containing all his stuff and let it explode everywhere. it set off every alarm in his head when he would simply pass by.

it annoyed bad so much he decided, against his better judgement, to clean it the day skeppy went to go do,, whatever he does. bad couldn't remember what he said he was doing. not that it mattered that much. so he stepped through the doorway and immediately crouched down started picking up the dirty clothing that drowned the carpet underneath. throwing piece by piece into the basket he brought in so he could do the laundry later. it was a lot, like a lot. bad was appalled at how skeppy managed to even acquire this much clothing. he had like 5 of the same white t-shirt. why?

as bad was picking up his best friends clothing his eyes trailed to a piece of paper. actually, many pieces of paper poorly thrown into the small trash can skeppy owned. many crumbled up balls of notebook paper overflowed the tin-can.
bad scoffed, rolling his eyes at the sight before picking one up to throw away. he scanned the deformed ball over before suddenly his breath hitched. he saw his name scribbled on to one of the lines.

bads mind races into a million thoughts at once. he wasn't sure what to do. opening it would go beyond leaping over the bonds of privacy. it's like he would be flying an airplane over skeppys privacy! but,, it said his name. what was he supposed to do? just ignore that skeppys was writing him some sort of letter?
bad figured it wouldn't be too boundary-breaking, and that he would just take a quick look.

​dear badboyhalo,
8/25

oh, pretty recent?
bad felt his nerves catching up with him. he was worried skeppy could come home any minute and find his best friend snooping around in his mail. but another part of his couldn't tear his eyes away.

i really dont know how to word this letter.
̶ ̶̷̶i̶̷̶ ̶̷̶l̶̷̶i̶̷̶k̶̷̶e̶̷̶ ̶̷̶y̶̷̶o̶̷̶u̶̷̶ ̶̷̶ ̶̷̶ ̶̷̶i̶̷̶m̶̷̶ ̶̷̶i̶̷̶n̶̷̶l̶̷̶o̶̷̶v̶̷̶e̶̷̶ ̶̷̶w̶̷̶i̶̷̶t̶̷̶h̶̷̶ ̶̷̶y̶̷̶

fuck, bad.
you're killing me. you know that?

what? his only thought as he quietly read the words out loud to himself, his breathing slowed as he carried on.
bad felt guilty. he didn't know what he had done, but the strong language made him think he did something terrible, like, killed his family. maybe this was a letter ending their friendship or something. oh, god.

okay! here goes nothing,
i love you so much and you can't see. you don't notice. you are 99% of my thoughts and you don't notice 99% of my advances
i like the way you smile at me when i walk into the kitchen. my stomach turns everytime you hug me when i come home. you have no idea how many times i think about

"bad?"
well, as the saying goes. 'curiosity killed the cat.'

bad jumped out of his skin, dropping the confession letter and yelping.
skeppy stood in the doorway. confused why bad was in his room.
wait, what the fuck was he reading?
"what were you—" skeppy suddenly realized his letters and he felt lower than low. the look on bads face didn't help. suddenly he felt like a knife  had sliced through his stomach and his thoughts wished that feeling was real.
"oh my god,, bad- i-" skeppy stumbled over his words. he didn't know what to do. at all. he felt his heart beating out of his chest in a bad way, his legs suddenly losing every bone they contained.
"i'm sorry, i—" skeppy felt the weight of the world on his shoulders. he didn't know what to muster up. how to explain what bad just read. i mean, bad didn't even know skeppy liked men. let alone that he was undeniably inlove with him. there was no way out of this.
maybe he could pretend it was a prank? april fools? no it's not april. maybe he could gaslight him into thinking it's not real? why would bad believe that? maybe—

bad broke the looming silence.
"is, uh, i mean. did you mean that?" he said, struggling to maintain eye contact. he stood motionless in the middle of skeppys room, as he was connecting the moments before this that made his feelings obvious.
"did i mean what?" skeppy replied. he knew what bad meant, he wasn't stupid. he just didn't want to let on more information that he was asked. he didn't wanna dump his waterfall of feelings into the small bucket of bads question.
"those feelings,, about me." bad crossed his arms over his torso and looked to his side. part of him felt joy, another part was eating 4 course meals of crippling anxiety.

"if i say yes, will you be upset?" skeppy asked like a child asks their classmate.
"of course not, skeppy. you're my best friend, no matter what." bad smiled. slowly moving closer to the other.
"then,, yes. but it's okay if you don't feel that way. i don't want you to feel pressured or anythi—"

bad leaned down, cupping his cheeks and kissed him abruptly, ending his sentence and his overthinking.