Chapter Five

Dean held his breath as he watched Cas finish his lap of the track, his shirt clinging to his chest, then waited as he showered. The drive home was again uncomfortable, Castiel's smell wafting over him. Dean went upstairs when they got home, but Sam was already in the shower, so he was forced to sit in his room and hope that Cas wouldn't notice. Unfortunately, Dean's discomfort was quite obvious, and Cas approached him, an embarrassed blush spreading across his cheeks.

'Um, Dean?' he said quietly. 'Would you - would you like some privacy?'

Dean's face blazed hot and he hid behind his hands. 'God - yes, please,' he said, without looking at Cas.

'I'll be back in an hour.'

The door opened and closed, and Dean fell back onto his bed, groaning quietly at his own bad luck. Not one to waste an opportunity, however, Dean quickly finished his business, and was much more at ease by the time Cas returned to their room, knocking before coming in.

'Thanks,' Dean mumbled, avoiding his eyes.

'You're welcome,' said Cas, sitting down on his bed. 'We should probably get used to that sort of thing. For college.'

'Yeah... For college,' Dean said. 'And listen, if you ever need... you know... just let me know, or put a sock on the door handle, or something.'

'Works for me.'

Dean fidgeted awkwardly until he heard Mary call, 'Boys, time for dinner!'

'Thank God,' he muttered, jumping up and hurrying downstairs.

Dean helped Mary set the table, and just as they were all taking their seats, Castiel picked up his plate and joined them at the table. He didn't contribute to the conversation, except when John asked him how his day was, he just sat, listening to them talk and slowly chewing his food.

Once they had all finished eating, Cas, without a word, gathered up their plates and started washing the dishes.

'Oh, honey, you don't have to-' Mary began.

'Please, it's the least I can do.'

Dean watched him for a moment, then leaned over to whisper in Mary's ear. 'You think he's fawning?'

'For sure,' Mary whispered back.

Dean nodded. 'I'll keep an eye on him at school, make sure no one tries anything.'

Mary patted him on the back, then got up to help Cas with the dishes.

Cas was overly helpful the rest of that night and into the next morning, getting up early so that he could make them all breakfast, almost bursting into tears when he burned the eggs he was making.

'It's okay, sweetie, stuff gets stuck to this pan all the time,' Mary said soothingly, taking the frying pan from him. 'Why don't you guys go get some breakfast from that Starbucks on the corner?'

'Oh, good idea,' Dean said, picking Cas's bag up for him. 'Come on, we can grab some coffees for the guys on the way.'

He jumped in the car, messaging the group chat as he went.

Dean

We're going to starbucks, get your orders in. 5 mins or nothing.

Jo H

Americano

Large :)

Crowley 😈 🍆

Imaginative

Jo H

You can come up with better?