Pain.

-Authors Note-

There's really nothing for me to say here except some angst. Hey, French people, please don't get mad at me-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Remember." St. Vincent said out loud.

"What?" the other country asked.

"Oh, sorry- I meant, what's your name?"

"My name? It's St. Vincent and the Grenadines, what's yours?"

And the gears clicked in St. Vincent's head. They really were in 1719, and they were talking to themself.

"Wait, say that again, please? I didn't hear you properly." St. Vincent asked.

"My name is St. Vincent and the Grenadines!" the country replied.

"St... St. Vincent. I think I know what's going on here."

"What is it?" the country smiled.

"You're me, from the past..."

"Wha... what?"

"I found an old teleph- an old device, and I think it travelled me back in time here. Back to 1719."

"Dang... well, what year are you from?"

"I'm from the year 2022. Where we can talk to people from all around the world using devices called phones, laptops and tablets. We can even tell the time using watches. They act like clocks... small ones, that you can fit in your hand."

"Woah... well, your flag is very pretty, future me..."

"Call me Vince." they smiled.

"It's crazy that I'm talking to myself from the future... do you... do you remember anything? From after this year?" the young St. Vincent asked.

"No, not really, I dont really remember anything from before independe-"

"INDEPENDENCE?"

"Y-yes?"

"But, there's nothing to be independent of, I'm a free country-"

"St. Vincent..." Vince paused. "Th..this year. There's something about France. She..." Vince paused and tried to remember. "France. She colonized me- well, us... a-and... she enslaved people. From... from somewhere. To work... to grow something... "

"Remember..." the past St. Vincent said, looking at the ground.

"W...what?" Vince asked.

"That's... that's what you meant when you said remember, wasn't it... you wanted..." they had small tears forming in their eyes. "You wanted to warn me about this... you wanted to protect me... to protect us..."

"St. Vincent, I'm so sor-"

"B...but after Independence, things will... things will get better right...?" tears were already falling. Slowly but surely.

"They will, I promise..."

"Wh... when's independence Vince..?"

Vince paused.

Oh shit, should I tell them...

"19...1979..." Vince said, wanting to take it back. They didn't want to see themself in so much pain...

"You... you mean 1779 right?" the past St. Vincent said, with a small, hopeful smile on his face. You could see the tears flowing down the sides of their face.

"I'm so sorry..."

"So it... it really is in 1979 huh..." past St. Vincent replied sadly.

Vince nodded sadly while looking the other way. They were holding back tears. One more sad word from their past self would break them...

"It won't get better... for another 260 years..." past St. Vincent started lightly crying into their arm to try and stop, but it didn't help at all.

Vince started crying too, with their hands covering their eyes as they cried. This was too painful for Vince. This wasn't the cheerful mindset they had wanted. This was just pain.

But then, both Vince and past St. Vincent heard someone shouting.

It was France. She had come to colonize. The 260 years had begun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Authors Note/End Of Chapter-

St. Vincent depressed arc? More angst next chapter too, get ready for that. Also, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 10 VIEWS ON THE STORY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-