Landlocked Thoughts.

"Vince... wake up..." past St. Vincent groaned. "Vince... please..."

I'm awake! I'm awake! Vince said. Or at least, they thought they said it. Whatever happened to them, it wasn't good.

"Ugh- I'm awake- s-sorry-" Vince said, sitting up. "What... what happened..?"

"France shot me- well, France shot us- but it affected you, I'm so sorry- I- I'm sorry!" past St. Vincent said, about to cry.

"No no- it's alright. All that matters is that you're fine." Vince replied, wiping the tears off of his past self's face.

There was another tank bullet fired. They could hear it from their hiding spot behind a thick, stone wall. The tank was coming their way.

"Past me, hide." Vince said, standing up shakily.

"Wait Vince! I can't leave you to be like this- you're too shaky to fight off the French!"

"No. It's ok. If I get killed here, you'll just grow back into me, good as new-"

"But I don't want you to die..."

Vince didn't know what to say. They had to fight the French, but they didn't want to leave their past self behind OR bring their past self. Someone would have to get hurt either way.

"I'm sorry, past me..."

"VINCE NO-!"

Before the past SVG could speak, Vince jumped out from behind the stone wall and stood up in front of the French. Tank and all.

"Who.... Who are you?" France said in a serious tone. "I've never seen this flag before."

"Uh- well- I- I'm Russia. I changed my flag. You can't fight me, I have a supebadass military waiting to crush you."

"Hm Hm, cute. Stand aside 'Russia,' I have an island to colonize."

"I- I AM RUSSIA- HOW DARE YOU INSULT ME-" Vince shouted.

"Voice crack." France said, chuckling to herself.

"What-" Vince replied, slightly confused.

"You- you had a voice crack 'Russia.' Very convincing for one of the strongest countries in the world, huh."

"I-"

"I know you're not Russia, diamond boy. Who are you."

"I... I'm from the future."

"Funny joke. Ok seriously. Who are you."

"Not even joking."

"Say the truth or tell it to the tank."

France aimed the tank right at Vince's face. Vince froze.

"I am saying the truth." Vince replied shakily.

"Lies."

Boom.

Vince's vision got blurry. The world around them seemed to become as dark as their colonial past. Maybe even darker. Vince was trapped in a swarm of thoughts. It's as if an island country became landlocked in their thoughts. They knew that something happened. They just didn't know WHAT happened. It all happened so quickly that there was no time to process what France had just done. France shot them. In the head. Vince wasn't going to exist as a country anymore. St. Lucia, St. Kitts... they would all report Vince as missing. But it would be too late. Vince would be gone. For good. 

How am I supposed to tell my friends... my family... coming here was a bad idea. I need... I need to go back... someone let me out of here..! Please! Get me out! Get me... get out... get me out... get...

Those were the last thoughts Vince had before their mind went blank, and their eyes shut.

Authors Note/End Of Chapter

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

Oh my gosh- this chapter is- wow. I don't know how to describe how much fun writing this chapter was- especially on a sleep deprived brain that only thinks of angst 😍

Anyway- I hope you enjoyed this one as much as I did!