Chapter 1:

Growing up, i had it all. My mother's love, my father's love and a happy family. I'd never guessed that all that happiness would come to an end.

Everytime i shower, the memories rush back in. I don't live with my father anymore but i still remember his smile and the promises he made on meeting me. He never really did show up so mother would cover up for him and say "he was busy but he got you..." then she'd point at something she herself had bought. Everytime i try to think about it, that night, i seem to tremble within.

I remember it was a Friday night and one of my mother's male friends was with her in her room. Dad wasn't around ofcoarse since he had been working "..far away..." and my nanny was trying to help my brother with his assignment. Suddenly there was a knock and father gladly walked in his house all drenched from the rain. He had an attractive smile. The minute he saw my beam upon seeing him, he was happy then the next he kicked mother's male friend out the house. My nanny took me to my room but i could still feel the tension. Back then I hadn't realised that mother had been cheating on father. I had known many of her male friends and it was either she left with them in the passenger seat of their car or they locked themselves in the bedroom.

After that terrbile night i never sae even one of my mother's friends come by. Our neighbours ( The keller family) had been very nice to us all these years but after that particular night all they ever did was wave. I assumed they must've heard all the shouting and yelling and the crazy ruckus 5year old me was making that night.

He handed her papers one day....i was in the car having my ice-cream ( when i still could) and that was the last time i ever saw my brother and father.

I'm on Instagram as @thatonegurlyk. Install the app to follow my photos and videos. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?utm_source=ig_contact_invite&utm_medium=user_system_sheet&utm_content=lzbkn0m

Also check my ticktock @missing_person. Keep me updated abt what you think of the chapter!!