chapter 3:

3pm
Nicholas is in my room when i enter the house after 'stalking' Jala and he's excited to share he's new game with me.

"How's it feel like to follow your crush all around town?" Nicholas teases me as i take a seat beside him to take a look at his game. "She talked to me."  I blush, " No wayyyyy!" Nicholas cups his mouth with a smile stretching out. "Not for long though." I admit biting  my bottom lip. Nicholas smirks while he works on starting the whole game and i notice it's the face he makes when he's got a new hot girlfriend. I don't ask though or else I'd start feeling a bit....jealous.

Nicholas may be a bit chubby but all his cash seems to be the reason why society has accepted him. His father is a successful farmer and his mom being a entrepreneur, nothing my parents could ever become. Yes, I get anything i want from my mother if i just ask for it but when it's Nicholas asking his mother a favour it seems different, very odd. There's not a day he doesn't brag about how his mother is a superwoman for him, and that's honestly something i suport since the lady still manages to keep her family together. She's got 7 children with Nicholas's father and has 2 from adopting and she's still got her family together.

I wish i could brag about my mother in the same way but the only thing to say is that she's a fucking embarassment.

...

Nicholas announces the end of the game and starts to pack up, "You're leaving already?"
"Yeah....i got a new....uhm girlfriend and she wanted us to meet at the diner down town." He replies scratching behind his neck. "Yeah bro, have some fun." I lie as i lead him out of the room.

After he leaves i head back upstairs and go straight for my bedroom window, this is the time Jala's supposed to be home. I see her get into her house and into her room across the street -we're neighbours. If i could try hard enough i would probably see what type of underwear she wears to school everyday or see what she really does when she's in the room.

I close the curtain and collapse on the bed, still tired of the same old stuff ; watching Jala;mom being a very disturbing type of mom; Nicholas and my jealousy.
And dad. I still am waiting to miraculously hear his voice and feel him, check if he's real....one day.

I check my phone for anything that might make me happy but all i see are happy faces, smiles and beams, nothing that i actually can relate to.
I hear the front door open, mom's here.

I can hear a male voice downstairs and i am guessing it's the most important friend out of all my mother's friends. This particular friend has never been alone with my mother in her room but i still have my suspicions.  All he ever does is check on her, keep her updated and keep me company when Nicholas isn't around.

As i flip over to the other side, i hear him mention my name and which sends me quickly rushing downstairs.

I don't want my name being used in my absence.