Chapter 3

Alison's POV

After last night me and mom haven't spoken. I just want answers. But I couldn't even look at her. There were so many thoughts going through my head.

Why did she stay with Robert?

Were her and Robert having an affair before dad died?

Was my mom part of my dad's murder?

I just want to know.. Everything. Why can't the world be like the movies where the mom and daughter have a heart to heart every time something is wrong ?

This world would be so perfect if everything was like a movie.

I should've talked to her. I was just so pissed off. After I got ready, I left. I couldn't say anything to her.

------------------------------

Harry's POV

As I pulled into the school's parking lot I spotted some of my friends. I know we're only sophomores but we couldn't wait to get the hell out of here. Unlike the jocks and cheerleaders we planned on doing something to help someone other than a football coach. I guess we are considered the "music-obsessed freaks." But hey, if that's what I have to be to make my dreams come true, then so be it.

I hopped out of my car and walked over to the passenger door and pulled out my guitar case. I wanted to get inside and start practicing because I can't play at home unless my jackass dad isn't there.

When I walked over to my friends the first thing Sammie said was, "Harry, what the hell?"

What? I thought I was late or something but they wouldn't be outside still. I quickly wiped my mouth and chin hoping there wasn't left over orange juice or bagel on my face. "God, what?"

"Did your dad do that?" She asked looking up at my forehead.

Shit. I forgot to put a Band-Aid on my head. "Oh yeah, it's nothing. Really, it doesn't hurt," I lied to one of my closest friends. She stood on her tip-toes and touched the newly forming scab; I winced at her soft touch.

"Mhmm.. And you said it doesn't hurt?" she cocked an eyebrow at me. Pretty much everyone in the whole school knew she liked me. But all my friends, including Sammie, knew I've liked Alison for quite some time now. Except I'm pretty sure I'm the last thing that's ever on her mind. Hell, I bet she doesn't even know that I'm her soon-to-be stepbrother. I didn't have a chance with her though, especially now that we're going to be practically related. Even before that, I've always had 3-5 close friends but her; she's had the same 10-15 friends since 4th grade. She's not that cliché popular girl though. She's not blonde nor head cheerleader and she absolutely DOES NOT take shit from any guy! Whether it is the captain of the football team or basketball team or the nerd of our class for God's sake, she takes it from no one. Which is why I'm surprised she's put up with my dad always being at her house.

"No, it doesn't. Well not that bad," I quickly said as soon as I realized I was lost in my thoughts because all of my friends were staring straight at me. I glanced over at where Alison always stands by her car in the morning. She was smiling and laughing with her friends. She didn't' have makeup on today. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my entire life. Watching her beautiful and happy made me smile.

"Whatever you say, Harry," Taylor chimed in. When I looked over at her she had a smirk on her face. She saw me looking at Ali. Dammit.

"Okay guys. Let's leave the kid alone. If he was hurt bad I'm sure he would say something."

Praise God for you Jason. Praise God. I shoot him a thankful look and he nods his head at me.

"Now that that's over with, you wanna go inside? I know Sam needs to work on her vocals and I'm pretty sure Harry is dying to finish that song," Jess said as she already started making her ways to the entrance.