Chapter 14

Ali’s POV                                                  

I got dressed in my floral print dress that comes down to my mid thigh, brown combat boots, and a brown leather jacket. I grabbed my phone, because my guitar now permanently stayed in the car, and headed down the stairs.

When I got downstairs, I heard crying in the living room. Tip toeing; I went to peek around the corner. Only to see my mom crying with her face in her hands, alone.

“M-mom?” My voice was shaky.

She stopped and looked over at me, “Oh, hey Ali.”

“Umm, are you okay?”

I watched my mother nod quickly, in denial, “Oh yeah, I’m fine. Where ya headed to?”

“Harry’s.”

After that came out of my mouth she began sobbing again. I walk over and sat on the couch by her.

“Mom? What’s wrong?”

“Robert,” she sobbed. “He has been sleeping with other people.”

My mind quickly flashed to the first night I hung out with Harry, Robert was incredibly drunk and he brought home a blonde girl. I completely forgot about it after that night, but I guess I should’ve told my mom.

“Oh,” was all I could reply, guilt washing over me.

She cried for about 10 minutes before I decided to speak up, “So what’s happening with you and him them?”

My mom just shrugged, “I guess the engagement is off, for now. Unless, we can work something out.”

I nodded.

“You can go if you want, hun. Just do me a favor?”

I turned my head, “Yeah, Mom?”

“Call or text me if you see Robert and let me know what’s going on.”

A smile appeared on my face, I felt as if I was on a secret mission to spy on Robert. “Alright.”

She hugged me and I got off the couch and headed to the door.

Once I got into my car and started it I felt a pang of guilt for leaving my mother like this right now. Then my phone buzzed.

Harry: Where are you? (:

I sighed.

Me: On my way now. Just leaving the house.

Harry: It’s been longer than 10 minutes.

Me: Long story, tell you when I get there.

I tossed my phone into the cup holder and backed out of my driveway.

I thought about my mom and Robert’s relationship the whole car ride.

They say they want to be together so badly, so why can’t they be?

I feel like Harry and I could have a more stable and trusted relationship than them. Which is hard to think about.

Yes, I told Harry we could give it a go, but now I felt bad. What if it’s Harry and I’s fault if our parents don’t work out? Could I be that selfish? To have a petty relationship over something that could finally make my mother happy? I could, but I shouldn’t.

I finally arrived at Harry’s house and walked up to the porch. Only to be greeted by a drunken Robert.

“Oh hey, Ali. Harry’s out back.”

I just nodded, at a loss for words. I picked up my guitar case and slung the strap over my shoulder.  Making my way towards the backyard I could hear soft music, I just assumed that it was Harry practicing something.

Once I got in sight of the yard I saw Harry sitting on a blanket, not the one we usually sat on. He was holding his guitar and strumming, explaining the noises I heard earlier.

As I neared him I noticed a picnic basket and a bouquet.

“I have arrived,” I giggled as I sat down.

He jumped, I obviously scared him. “Woah, I told my dad to call me when you got here.”

I laughed, “Well, he told me where you were instead. What’s all this for?”

Harry’s face turned bright red and he scratched the back of his head. “I uhh, was gonna ask you on a picnic date. Until my dad screwed ‘em up.”

A smile quickly formed on my face. “Well I would’ve said yes.”

He looked down at the ground before replying, “It’s not too late.”

I could have a bit of fun with this, “Well, you never asked.”

I watched as his cheeks turned darker than they already were.

“Umm, uhh. Ali. Will you, uhh, go out on an, umm, date with me?”

The giggles I was trying to keep in escaped my lips, “Nope. Sorry.”

His face fell, “Oh.”

“I’m just kidding! I would absolutely love to!” I wrapped my arms tight around his neck.

“Oh thank God,” I heard him breathe.

After pulling away, I looked around, curious of what he has. “So what do we have here?” I asked, motioning to the picnic basket.

He nodded, “Oh, right.” 

-----------------------

Hey guys, 

I was really hoping that this would be longer, but with school starting again and what not I am just not having the time to write. I don't know when the next update will be. Sorry this takes forever. 

What do you all think of Zerrie's engagement? Or Sophiam? We have a crazy fandom. 

xx. Alyssa

Have a lovely day. (:

P.S. Dedication to @IsaSecret cos she made a fabulous cover for my 'letters too...' book! It'll basically be  just random letters to people I miss, love, or need to tell something. x.