Chapter 5

Alison's POV

He had to know something. I knew he did.

"Well it all started when I was 14, my mom left."

"Oh," I just looked at him with sympathy. If I had known this would involve his mother's leaving I wouldn't have asked. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't know it was about her too. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want."

"No, it's fine. I want to tell you," he replied. Oh, he was so cute.

"You sure?"

He smiled wider than I had ever seen,"Definately."

"Okay."

"Well, when my mom left my dad found out she was having an affair with some guy she met at the gym. I guess they both were going to the gym regularly for classes and would go, ya know, afterwards."

"Wow, you're dad must've been crushed," I started to feel bad for Robert.

"He didn't have a clue. But when he found out he was pissed," Harry said looking uncomfortable. 

"Harry, you really don't have to talk about this if you don't want to."

------------------------------

Harry's POV

"Harry, you really don't have to talk about this if you don't want to," she said smiling sympathetically at me. If only she knew. I've wanted to tell her about this so badly for so long.

"No, Ali. I really want to tell you."

"Okay," she said with a concerned look on her face. "Go on."

"I guess they had been hooking up for almost a year and a half. And one night my mom fell asleep and my dad was supposed to be at work but he was sick. Anyways, my mom's phone rang and she was sleeping, so obviously my dad went to get it. When he grabbed her phone he saw that the name was Savannah, who is my mom's sister, my aunt. So he answered it."

*Flashback*

Robert's POV

"Hello?"

"Karen?" this wasn't Savannah.

"Who is this?" I'm pissed.

"Who is this?"

"You called my wife's phone and now I want to know who this is," I had to walk out of the room so I don't wake Karen up.

"This is Mike, who's this?"

"Who the fuck is Mike, and how do you have my wife's number?" No, she can't be cheating. No, no, no, no, no.

"Your wife? Karen is my girlfriend," the man said.

"Um, no. I'm married to her. We have a son," I said thinking of Harry.

I heard the phone click off. He hung up on me, the asshole! When I called back it want straight to voicemail.

*End of flashback*

Harry's POV

I looked over at Alison. Tears streaming down her face. I stood up and walked over to the couch with her and sat down. I wrapped my arms around her and she buried her nose in the crook of my neck.

I rubbed her back as she sobbed. This is why I couldn't tell her, I didn't want to see her hurt.

Thinking about the first time I actually accepted this, I was just as torn up as she was. Probably worse. I know how she feels.

Between sniffles she says," So he killed my dad?"

Oh god. I knew she was going to ask this. "Well, no. He didn't plan it. He was picking up dinner from this restaurant, I forget the name.."

"Liguni's," she filled in the blank for me.

"Yeah. So, he went to go pick up dinner and I guess your dad was at the counter and my dad heard him say 'Reservation for Mike'. So my dad, being the man he is, asked him if he knew a Karen. When your dad asked 'Karen Styles?' and then said 'Yeah, me and her used to mess around. Why? Do you know her?' my dad just said no and left," this was the bad part. I really didn't want to finish.

Then she pulled her head out from between my neck and shoulder and looked up at me with her red puffy eyes.

"He waited in the car for your dad to come out. And then," I trailed off. I couldn't finish. I wouldn't finish.

"He shot him," she finished for me. "I was there. I was 11 and holding my dad's hand when that came out of no where and he fell on the ground." When I looked down at her she was staring straight foward with a blank look on her face.

"Ali," I breathed. "I didn't know you were there, I'm so sorry."

"Yeah, every Wednesday we would have Daddy Daughter day. We'd go to dinner or go shopping or plan a surprise for my mom. Sometime we would just get ice cream and talk. He was my best friend," she replied as she still looked off to no where.

Now it was me crying. I thought it was bad enough that my mom cheated on my dad but I couldn't imagine the one person that I loved with all my heart dying in front for my eyes as I held their hand. This made he realize how strong she really is.

*1 hour and 30 minutes later*

Alison's POV

I found myself sitting next to Harry on the couch, my head on his shoulder. I was crying and he was as well. I can't believe it happened like that.

"Wow," was all I could manage to say for the millionth time in this conversation. I would've never guessed that Harry's mom had anything to do with my dad's murder.

"I'm sorry," he said with a sympathetic smile.

"Don't be," I looked up at him. "You lost a parent too."

He rubbed my back softly, I have to admit, now I really did not want them to get married.

He just layed there for a while and cuddled I guess.

I lifted my chin up and he looked down at me and smiled. I felt his nose brush up against mine and his breath on my face.

----------------------------- 

Wattpadderinos!!

How do ya like it? I worked so hard on this. I'm like crying as I write this. I'm so happy to finally be done with it! I had terrible writer's block but the next chapter will probably make you puke rainbows. I hope you guys like it. I'll update soon. Thank for reading, you guys are the best! (:

xx. Alyssa

P.S. So sorry it's short. The next one will be super long for you guys. You're amazing.. <3