Chapter 7

Harry's POV

I couldn't hurt her.

Especially after I knew how much my own father hurt her.

I refused to let anyone get in my way of protecting her from anything else in this world that could harm her.

------------------------------

Ali's POV

After I stood there and let Harry hold me for a while, I left. I just left. No exciting ending to that night. No, we didn't sleep together. No, we didn't kiss each other goodnight. He simply released me from his grasp whispered a 'Goodnight," and then I left. That's it. Nothing exciting.

This morning when I woke up I felt this strange kind of, I don't really know what to call it. Longing, I guess, for his touch. I felt so comfortable in his arms last night. I wanted more.

After I got up and got ready I headed out the door, still not speaking to my mom.

When I got to school everyone was standing where we normally stand by Kaitlynn's car. Hannah's usual eyeliner was in black lines down her cheeks. Her eye's were red and puffy so I hopped out of my car with my backpack on one shoulder, purse in my left hand, and phone in the other.

I ran over there as quickly as I could in my boots. As soon as I reached her I grabbed her, my arms around her neck, into a hug. I held her and whispered into her hair so just she and I could hear.

"What's wrong babe?"

I felt her shake her head into my shoulder. Just before I was about to argue, Caroline touched my shoulder. I looked over at her, she watching us very sadly. Then, I saw tears streaming down Bree's face, her makeup also smearing. I released Hannah and looked at her as she still cried.

Kaitlynn patted her back, "Go on, tell Ali."

Hannah sniffled and looked at me, whispered something I didn't hear and looked at the ground.

"Hannah, what happened?"

"M-m-m-y s-s-s-sister," she replied.

Oh no, Hannah's sister was her best friend. They were practically inseperable.

"What happened? Is she okay? Hannah, is Hope okay?"

"Sh-sh-she is sick again," she said quietly before breaking into tears.

I felt tears roll down my cheeks now.

"Ohmygod." I grabbed Hannah again and let her cry on me.

"Tell her the rest.." I heard Bree say.

"The hospitals here can't do anything... We have to move."

"WHAT?!"

"To some place in Ireland."

"Ask your mom if you can stay with me," I told her. "My mom wouldn't care."

"No, I can't. I can't leave Hope alone through that. I'm with her at everything, no matter what. I've missed dance competitions for her. I can't guys. I'm so sorry," Hannah said her eyes never looking away from her shoes.

------------------------------

Harry's POV

Last night was good. Except my dad coming home with a girl other than Ali's mom.

I was so happy, until Sammie called. I didn't really want to see her today. But I had to face it sometime. When I got to school I saw Ali with her friends, they were all hugging and crying. I was going to go see what was wrong but I didn't know if she told her friends that we were hanging out. So, I didn't until I saw her crying as well.

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket.

Me: Hey, Ali. Are you guys okay?

I looked over at her and I saw her pull her phone out of her pocket and smile. She was too cute. Okay, Styles stop it. You sound like a lovestruck 13 year old girl obsessing over some boy band.

Ali: Yeah, we're fine. Just some bad news that's all. Thanks for checking.

What was it?

Me: Anytime, just looking out for you guys. Just wondering, did you tell your friends about last night?

I looked up at her as I sent the message. A few moments later her screen lit up and she unlocked her phone. Seconds late mine vibrated.

Ali: What about last night? It was just simple guitar lessons that's all, nothing more.

Ouch. That hurt. I thought she said that she didn't want to learn to play, that she just wanted to get to know me?

Me: But, I thought you said.. Nevermind.

I saw her look at her phone and slip it into her pocket not bothering to respond.

Why is she acting like this? I thought she liked me, I thought we were going to hang out, get to know eachother. But maybe she lied. Maybe, it was just a good excuse to see if I was even worthy of being her step- brother. I probably failed her little test.

*At lunch later that day*

"Jay, can I talk to you?"

"Sure Harry, wassup?"

I can't believe I was about to tell him. I kinda shook my head, "In, uhh, private?"

So he started out the cafeteria doors and I followed.

------------------------------

Sammie's POV

I watched Harry and Jay walk out the doors. What was he so pissed off about? He hasn't spoken to me since the phone call yesterday. Was he about to complain to Jason about what happened? Would he tell him why he went off on me?

"Sammie!"

I jumped at Taylor's loud voice.

"What?!"

They all started laughing.

"Daydreaming about Harry again?" Jess asked.

"No, well yes. But no, well you see, I.. uhh." They all had smirks on their faces and I felt the tears from last night roll down my cheeks again.

Jess got up from her side of the table and came over and hugged me.

"Sorry, we didn't mean to make fun."

I shook my head, "No, it's not you guys. It's Harry."

Taylor raised an eyebrow, "What about him?"

I sniffled, "I called him last night to see if he wanted to hang out. And h-h-he," I started.

Jess looked at me curiously, "He?"

"He went off on me. Yelled at me."

"Yelled at you? About what?"

"How he didn't like me and I need to leave him alone and stop calling him."

"He did?" Taylor asked.

I nodded, tears still falling.

Jess rubbed my back before getting up and returning to her food. "I'll talk to him Sam. Don't worry about it."

"Okay, Thanks Jess."

"Sure thing, where's the curly headed rascal now anyways?"

"Uhh, I saw him and Jay leave together a few minutes ago."

"To go where?" Taylor asked.

I shrugged, "I haven't talked to him since last night."

------------------------------

Hi boobs!! (:

I dunno how long this is yet. Probably not long because everytime I think somethings long it always turns out to be short. I wasn't gonna update until Maddy updated but she's taking too long. Lol love you Maddy(:

xx. Alyssa

P.S. Happy Belated Red Nose Day!! (: ❤❤