Chapter 10

Ali's POV

Now I feel really bad for not letting Harry explain now.

I drove in silence back to his house.

*20 minutes later*

When I got to his house I saw him sitting on the porch with his guitar next to him on the little swing that was bolted to the ceiling.

He looked up and smiled when he saw me. I got out of my car as he stood up and walked towards where I was at. When we started inching closer he ran and pulled me into a hug, my arms around his torso and his around my neck.

"You came back," he whispered in my hair.

I slightly nodded my head. I don't know how this wasn't awkward, it's like the second day we actually spent time together and he's holding me like I belong here. I feel like I do.

"Harry," I let the words fall out of my mouth before I chickened out. "I'm really sorry for going off on you like that and storming off. I feel so bad for leaving without hearing you out, but when I got to Hannah's and Sammie was there," I continued as his face twisted at the way I said her name. "She said that she sent Anna here and then it all made sense," I paused. I shrugged my shoulders, "So here I am."

His face was frozen the way it was when I mentioned Sammie.

"Sammie?" he asked.

I nodded curtly as if I had just blown someone's cover.

"Wow, I should've known," he spat. "If Anna really wanted me back she would've come long before."

Wait, did he just.. He sounded like he wanted Anna back. Maybe he did.

He knocked me out of my thoughts as he hugged me again, "Ali, I don't want to be with her," he said softly as he read my mind.

"Okay," I smiled. Why do I feel so protective over him, like he's mine? He's not. And, sadly, I don't think he ever will be.

He suddenly broke the comfortable silence, "So how about we get going on those lessons?"

I laughed, "I thought I told you that you didn't have to teach me."

"I know, but I want too now that we kinda already started," he looked at me, his eyes sparkling.

"Alright," I sighed.

We walked back to the porch after I got my guitar.

"Let me just grab my guitar, you go in and I'll meet you there," he stated walking towards the swing.

"No, let's stay out here today," I said to him.

He looked anxious, "Are you sure? It's going to start getting cold."

"Aww, is Harry scared of the cold?" I teased.

He chuckled, "Well, I guess we can." He quickly left my side and walked to the swing. I saw Harry pick up something and toss it behind the swing.

"What was that?" I grinned at him.

He shrugged,"What are you talking about?"

I laughed, "Oh, Harry. You are not good at lying, hiding, nor acting." I walked over to the swing and bent down. Behind the swing was a purple notebook, I reached out and grabbed it. When I stood up with the book in my hands Harry quickly grabbed it.

"Hey!" I shouted.

"What? There's nothing for you to see here."

I giggled, "And it's that statement that makes me know there is."