Yena x Reader: Too Late

FEAT. (EX-IZ*ONE / SOLOIST) CHOI YENA

REQUESTED BY: JangJeonghoon

Proud was an understatement for the feelings you were currently experiencing watching Choi Yena perform her latest comeback Smartphone

You were currently in the crowd, attending the music shows where idols could promote their latest comeback. You were lucky enough to be invited to attend, all for free.

You were a little nervous as the tickets you were provided with allowed you to be seated near the front, so it was basically impossible to hide from the idols performing in front of you, they were gonna see your dumb fanboy face no matter what.

There's a reason why as soon as Yena debuted as a soloist, she instantly topped the charts with her song Smiley, even earning herself a win with that song, which everyone knows is difficult achieving that as a soloist, let alone your debut.

Her husky yet smooth voice, her incredible dance skills, her rapping style and finally her beautiful visuals were just some of the reasons to why she was such a successful idol, not just as a member of IZ*ONE, but as a soloist.

You had to make sure your mouth was closed during her performance and you tried your best to keep a neutral face since you didn't want a certain someone getting the wrong impression.

While you did admire Yena, you were currently using the person in front of you as a shield to block her vision from you - dodging Yena's eye movements as best as you could.

Why was that?

You and Yena used to date.

Yep, she is your ex.

Though, you guys dated before she became an idol. You can proudly say that along with her family, you are one of the main reasons to why she was able to debut.

However your relationship with her wasn't the most stable, and to many, it was quite toxic.

————————————————-
FLASHBACK

You were quite happy going to school. You were extremely grateful to be able to say you attend Hamlin Multi Arts School. You could also say, going to school with multiple goddess's around you was another driving factor that persuaded you to come to school.

While the school was known for its reputation for brewing top tier idols, you were there for your passion for film making. You wanted to become an movie videographer or even a professional film editor, you loved being in control of how a film could turn out.

However because your career path was much less exciting than your peers who were on their way to become idols, you were significantly less popular than those around you. Fortunately, you didn't mind this, as you still managed to find a few friends who didn't care for your reputation.