Chaewon x M reader: Idol Love (PART 2)

A/N: Hers part 2 for "Idol Love". This is my longest oneshot ever and i really did enjoy writing this. I hope you enjoy! Don't be shy to leave requests and don't forget to vote!

It's been roughly 8 months from your fight with Chaewon. She hasn't spoken to you since, mainly because you blocked her on everything.

While you were still hurt from the words Chaewon said, deep down you knew she was right. You didn't have the talent to become an idol.

That's why you were now working as a producer. The CEO of Woollim didn't want you to go as he saw the passion you had for music. Although he didn't want to dive into the actual issue to why you wanted to quit, he tried his best to comfort you and to encourage your passions, which you really appreciated.

You agreed to work as a producer, but only if you could work from home for some time to get your mental ready. You were enjoying working as a producer, much more than being a trainee. You even managed to make some friends even while working from home.

You spoke to Woozi through video call as your CEO wanted you to work along side a producer to gain as much experience as you could. However he also wanted you to work alongside Woozi since he was also an idol, as he hoped that he could help persuade you into becoming one.

"Finally we have a beat that sounds good." You groaned as you stretched your arms.

"Yeah, I for sure know that our fans will like this one." Woozi responded from the other side of the screen. "So are you watching her on Produce 48?"

"Yeah, of course I am hyung." You sighed.

"She seems to be doing really well. Her voice will definitely land her a spot on the roster in my opinion. Chaeyeons dancing is also amazing."

"Yeah I agree."

"So are you planning to speak to her again? I know what she said to you would kill you mentally, but it seems like you really do miss her."

"I'm not sure honestly. I really don't want to get in her way right now. Plus she's focusing on debuting. She's so close to achieving her dreams, maybe at the right time I will."

"Yeah that's right. But you know she probably didn't mean what she said that night, considering you saw how many missed calls you had from her."

"Maybe you're right. But I feel like it's better if I just focus on myself right now. When the time comes I can try and rebuild our friendship. Let's just focus on making some hit songs."

As you said, Chaewon was truly busy as a contestant representing Woollim in the series Produce 48. Her smooth and clear voice, along with her cute and bubbly personality made her a fan favourite in the show.

However, when the cameras were off, her guilt from losing her best friend was hurting her more than anything.

"Chaewon come on let's go eat, I'm hungry." Minju whined as she attempted to drag the older girl out of bed.

"I don't want to eat right now."

"Come on! You're always like this after we finish airing our performance. You need to get over what happened in the past. The CEO already told you that he quit, at least he told you that he's fine."

"How can I know he's fine if I don't see him at all? I feel so guilty Minju, I really want to see him." Chaewon sobbed, her hands covering her face.

Minju had grown used to Chaewons break downs, and was always there for her. She grew close enough to Chaewon early on during the show, which led to her sharing her past events and what's been clouding her mind. Therefore, Minju was more than familiar with your name.