Chaewon x Reader: Redesigning the heart (PART 2)

A little over a week has passed since the whole Chaewon incident. Fortunately for you, that night was the last time you would join them on their activites. You don't know what would happen to your poor heart if the company continued to force you into following their schedules.

Just because you didn't need to face Chaewon again doesn't mean your heart didn't break into pieces. In fact, it broke as soon as she said those last words to you in the bathroom.

I can't do this. This was a mistake.

The words constantly ran laps around your head as you struggled to find motivation to work throughout the week. Fortunately, you started pulling yourself together as you were finally able to utilise your creativity again. You got your head straight on the real reason you were even in Korea, to take a step further into the field of architecture rather than shutting yourself out from the outside world over some idol that won't feel the same way you feel for her.

Everything was going back to place. The schedules you fell behind in during your break down was now caught up. In fact, you over did yourself and was now slightly ahead. It was almost too smooth how you managed to pull yourself back together.

Almost.

It was almost like how God or some higher up in the universe wanted to test your patience as you found yourself accompanying them to their next set. Their manager was sick and it left the group of girls without someone to look after them and guide them through their next variety tv set. You didn't even offer yourself to do it, in fact it was a joint effort from the girls (except Chaewon) to convince the chairman to let you be the manager for the day, so you were quite surprised when you found the chairman in your office telling you to accompany LE SSERAFIM for the day. He had more than enough trust in you to do the task as in reality, all you were gonna be doing is maybe holding some water bottles for them and keeping them entertained during the film breaks.

You were anxiously walking towards their waiting room with an excited Sakura, who was oblivious of how you were feeling.

"Come on! You have no idea how excited Yunjin is to see you again!" Sakura beamed, before gently grabbing your wrist and leading you towards the large building where they would film the next part of their variety show.

"I'm just as excited to see everyone again." You weren't lying, as you were indeed happy you get to see the girls again, but the thought of a certain someone cancelled all the excitement out and made you want to dig yourself a hole to hide in it.

~

Inside the girls waiting room, Chaewon sat emotionlessly on a chair far from the rest of the girls. The atmosphere was completely different to the other side where the rest of the girls chatted away about any gossip they had heard.

Chaewon stared at her reflection, and a small sigh left her mouth as her droopy eyes was a clear indication that she hadn't been sleeping well. For once, her drowsiness didn't come from late night practices or her strict diet when she was forced to skip meals. Kim Chaewon was left in this state because of (Y/N) (L/N). Although Chaewon tried her very best to erase any sort of memory that was linked to you, her current physical state reminded her of how that was going. You were supposed to be just a crush. A typical high school crush that you forget about as soon as you change classes, but deep inside her heart she knew you were something far from that.

It was completely ridiculous and out of the ordinary for someone like a Chaewon to even fall for someone that hard after knowing them for that short of a period. Having a crush on someone was far from normal for Chaewon, heck she even got teased for being asexual back when she was in IZ*ONE for showing no interest towards other guys.