Wonyoung x Reader: Childhood Promise

FEAT. (EX-IZ*ONE MEMBER / IVE)'S WONYOUNG

 (EX-IZ*ONE MEMBER / IVE)'S WONYOUNG

———————————————-

"Ya! Come back! You're so mean..." The little girl pouted as she finally gave up chasing the boy.

"Sorry Wonyoungie, you're too fun to tease. Maybe one day you will grow tall so you can reach your favourite toy." You teased, extending your arm as far as you can in the air, wiggling her toy pony.

Wonyoung could only pout as she desperately jumped her highest, attempting to grab the toy pony out of your hands.

While in many other cases, this may seem like bullying, but in this situation, Wonyoung wasn't sad. Instead, she had a large smile on her face as she desperately jumped, trying her best to get her toy off your hand. This was because you guys were the best of friends. Not that you guys had much of a choice as it was bound to happen.

With both of your parents being close friends with each other, paired with the fact that you and Wonyoung were the same age, it was fated for you guys to become close.

They basically forced interactions out of the both of you as your first memory of her was when you were both 3. Both you and Wonyoung were left in the games room as your parents along with hers sat in the living room talking about any gossip from work or life recently.

You were always friendly, so you decided to approach the shy girl, offering her to play with the toy cars. Although she joined you, you could tell her interest wasn't all there, so you decided to let her choose the next games to play.

"Wonyoung, wanna play something else? I don't think you like cars." You watched as her eyes beamed, before shyly nodding her head. She sat in silence pondering for a bit, before raising her hand in the air signalling for your attention.

"Yeah...How about I pretend that I'm a-"

And that was the start of a friendship that would become unbreakable.

-

-

-

With the friendship between you and Wonyoung constantly growing, both parents agreed to have the two of you enrolled in the same elementary school.

You guys were fortunate to be in the same class too. The both of you made the most out of this opportunity as you would always sit next to each other, as well as pairing up whenever there were any group activities.

During lunch, it would just be the two of you chasing each other on the playground. While you guys did make other friends, the both of you preferred to hang out with each other only. That was when you agreed to a promise that Wonyoung made, not realising how much it actually meant for the girl.

"(Y/N)! Come push me on the swing." The bunny girl yelled, before sprinting to the swing set. She excitedly jumped on as she looked back at you innocently, waiting for your answer.