♬ Chapter two: That's what love will do to you. ♬

"I don't know where to look, don't know where to walk, don't know how I've been acting lately.. Absentminded, kind of crazy."

Today, Saturday afternoon, Peggy, Eliza, and Angelica had been hanging out. They were going to a thrift store, just to look around. This thrift store was huge, it had a lot of stuff, ranging from old CDs, toys, books, clothes, and everything. They loved doing this in their free time. It makes them feel nostalgic. They were currently in the toy aisle.

"I used to have this!! Mom and dad gave it away after a while though.." Peggy said, pointing at a Barbie dreamhouse. She picked it up and smiled a bit, setting it on the ground. She touched a few things on it, including the elevator. "Woah! The elevator works!! Shocking, because it does look broken.." She shrugged and Angelica nodded, "Yeah, make sure to sanitize your hands when you put that back.. It looks a bit dirty." She said and sighed a bit while handing her sister some sanitizer. Peggy nodded and put the dreamhouse back, grabbing the sanitizer and putting it on her hands, sniffing it and coughing a little. "This smells strong!" She said and rubbed her hands together, Eliza chuckled and looked at her. "That's because it's Purell, the regular one Angie uses." She said and nodded, before looking at Angelica who smiled a bit, "Correct! I don't use scented stuff.. Well.. Maybe sometimes." She said and laughed a bit while referring to the perfumes she uses after a hot shower.

Peggy nods, being a huge fan of sweet scents and whatnot, every time she and Eliza were in the mall, they would head into Bath and Bodyworks, and at least come out with 2 new perfumes. That would always go on a little shelf, their dorm being not so big, so they always had to go to the campus bathrooms to freshen up for the day. Peggy didn't mind, though it can get annoying sometimes.

The three sisters kept looking around, Peggy looking at the clothes with Eliza, and then Angelica was looking at the CDs, some of them were dirty, but she didn't mind as much. She loved music, especially classical music, and jazz.

Peggy looked at some of the old dresses, humming a little and grabbing a pastel yellow one, looking at Eliza and smiling a bit. "I like this one!! It reminds me of a date night on a rooftop, fancy dinner.. Wine... I would wear this if I went on a date!!" She said, and Eliza smiled a bit. "Pegs.. Are you thinking about John again?" She asked and smiled a bit, and Peggy's face turned a bit red. "No! Why would I be?" She chuckled nervously, and Eliza just let out a bit of laughter. "Because, your face is red. And you're talking about dates, and I remembered the advice you asked for when asking out a dude." She added and held her hand.

"Well, I know what you should do, just tell him. I know it makes you all nervous, jittery, and you have butterflies in your stomach, but that's what love will do to you." She said and walked with Peggy. Peggy looked down and blushed a bit. "I- I don't know. What if he doesn't like me back?" She asked and looked around, seeing a few beanie babies on a shelf. She smiled a bit and grabbed one, "Ooh, puppy." She said and looked back at Eliza. "But seriously, what if he doesn't like me back?" She asked. Eliza just nodded no, "Pegs.. He does like you back. I can tell the way he acts around you. All he does is talk about you around me and Alex. So of course he likes you, maybe you can ask him to go out somewhere tonight, or sometime this week. Come on, Pegs. You gotta get it out of your system, it's making you sick." She said and laughed a bit, and Peggy just nodded in agreement. "I guess you're right.. But what will Angie think?" She asked and walked around the store with her still. Eliza shrugged. "I don't know, she may be worried. That's how she was with me and Alex. She was worried that I was gonna get hurt." She said and sighed a bit. Peggy nodded, "Yeah. I guess-" She said with a slight chuckle. Looking around the store still and seeing a few things she liked. Humming a bit and looking at Eliza. Nodding at her and soon, her phone buzzed.

1 new message from: ✨ Freckled-face Laurens ✨

Peggy reached into her mini bookbag, and grabbed her phone, smiling at the notification, and opening up her phone, the message read:

"Hey, Pegs!! Are you free today?? I wanted to see this afternoon if we could go to the bookstore. 💚"

Peggy blushed a little and looked at Eliza. "Liza!!" She said excitedly, looking at Eliza, Eliza looked back at her sister and tilted her head. "Yeah, What's up Peggy?" She asked and Peggy showed her phone to Eliza. Eliza smiled excitedly and looked at Peggy. "Amazing!! We've made progress!!" She said and gave Peggy a hug. Peggy hugged back and nodded. "Yeah!! I'm so excited." She said and smiled. She was very excited for this, what if John asked her out? What if he kissed her?

Anything can happen!! She hoped nothing could go wrong.